UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

DCT IP

Hi all

I want to add a new IP  that calculates the DCT using the tool "Create / Import Peripheral".

How I do that? Must I do only the DCT or all the chain of image compression?

Please where I can find the code VHDL of the DCT
Help please:smileyindifferent:

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: DCT IP

hi

I am a beginner in this study area. 

And I have some fundamental questions needed someone to give me some suggestions.

I want to use xilinx EDK to design an architecture using DCT. So I need to create a hardware platform with XPS then I should add a new DCT module.

My problem that I don't know what's the peripheral that need to add in the platform with the DCT module.

Another problem that the code VHDL of user logic of  the DCT ??

Please could anyone give me some suggestions for how to do this project or give me some documentations or examples to refer. 

Let's me can easy to realize and design this project. Thank you very much for your help.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Try looking at Opencores. They will have implementations of DCT.
Alternatively you could code it in Xilixn SDK tool and target a microblaze on a demo board

regards

Mike

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Please do not cross-post the same questions in different boards. This makes it hard for other people to help you.

Does the reply to the same question you posted in the "Implementation" board below answer your question?

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Implementation/DCT-amp-Core-generator/m-p/133466#M2834

@gemna wrote:

Hi all

I want to add a new IP  that calculates the DCT using the tool "Create / Import Peripheral".

How I do that? Must I do only the DCT or all the chain of image compression?

Please where I can find the code VHDL of the DCT
Help please:smileyindifferent:

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks for the clarification 

I'm stuck so I'm looking for the answer everywhere.

0 Kudos
Teacher eteam00
Teacher

I'm stuck so I'm looking for the answer everywhere.

Speaking for myself, I'm less likely to spend time helping someone who consistently and repeatedly ignores the forum rules of decorum.

I don't want to read the same message from the same poster 3 or 4 times in different forums.  If everyone did this, it would likely drive some contributors away from this forum, and everyone suffers.

If an answer to your problem doesn't show up soon enough to be useful, you always have the option of opening a support webcase.

Two big advantages of using these forums is access to the broader perspective and expertise of all the (non-Xilinx) forum contributors, and the ability to share solutions and insights with a broad audience of fellow Xilinx designers.  The forums rules are set up to make these forums attractive to -- and efficiently productive for -- a broad audience.  In the long run, this is to your benefit as well as mine, so please consider adhering to the forum rules.

- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks 

I'm sorry 

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

I did not post the question in another forum
but in this forum I asked this question in two ways.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

In open core i find the code Vhdl of DCT but I need to add this module (DCT) as custom IP in Xilinx Platform studio (XPS) and then import it after custmize the user_logic.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor mari_g23
Visitor

Hello all,

I want to add a new IP  that calculates the BinDCT using the tool "Create / Import Peripheral".

Please where I can find the code VHDL of the BinDCT and your user logic ?

Please could anyone give me some suggestions for how to do this project or give me some documentations or examples to refer. 

Thank you very much for your help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos