cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hobie346
Observer
Observer

Data2Mem fails to generate correct .BIT file

Within the past two weeks my development system has stopped generating a working .ACE file.  I've traced the problem back to the .BIT file from the output of the Data2Mem utility (running 11.5).  When I run the same input files (.MEM, .BMM and .BIT) on another system with the same level of Xilinx tools it works, the embedded processor functions correctly.  I've compared the two .ACE files and they are different.  I've compared the two .MEM files and they are the same.  The two output .BIT files from Data2Mem are different.

My suspicions are some "broke" in my development system after a company forced patch (w/ XP patch from MS).

How do I get my Data2Mem working again?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
centaur19
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hobie346,

It is never a good practice to patch the tools because there could be a number of dependencies in the libraries. Of course if you can pin-point the file that has corrupted, copying it from the other installation is straightforward. If you stil do want to, the data2mem utility comes from the ISE installation and you can diff the 2 installs.

Now, are you running the same version of the tools on the 2 systems? Is the data2mem command options the same between the 2 runs?

0 Kudos
hobie346
Observer
Observer

I think you miss understood what I was attempting to convey - I didn't patch any of the Xilinx tools.  My system, as well as every PC company wide, was updated with Windows OS patches from MS.  I believe that one of the patches has changed my system such that Data2Mem has stopped working, i.e.. it's generating corrupt output .BIT files.  I verified this assumption by running Data2Mem on another system (down level MS patch Windows PC).  The two .ACE files are completely different.  The .ACE file generated on the down level system works, i.e.. the embedded firmware executes as expected.

0 Kudos