Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c.mcclenaghan
Contributor
Contributor

Debugging Linux Applications using over JTAG

Jump to solution

Hi all

I need some help connecting my debugger a Zynq board over JTAG.

Windows 7/CentOS 7

SDK v2015.2

Petalinux v2015.2

I have created an Hello World (Linux) application and can debug it on my Zedboard over ethernet by creating a Linux TCF Agent connection with my custom IP address. (SDK debugging guide etc...)

However, using a Digilent USB-JTAG cable (JTAG-HS3), running the hw_server with 

hw_server -s tcp:127.0.0.1:1534

and creating another Linux TCF Agent connection pointing to 127.0.0.1:1534, the debugger won't start. It shows the following error: "Target does not provide Processes service"

Linux debugging error.png

I can't find much information on this error anywhere. This occurs on a Zedboard with custom Linux build and on a custom Zynq board (without ethernet).

If I don't run the hw server, I get a "connection refused" error so that's understandable. My JTAG cable allows standalone debugging so I don't suspect that side.

Presumably, there is something in the Petalinux kernel configuration I has missed?

I need to get JTAG debugging working on our custom board so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

PS. I've just tracked down a Xilinx Platform Cable USB II and this shows the same thing.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
c.mcclenaghan
Contributor
Contributor
0 Kudos
1 Reply
c.mcclenaghan
Contributor
Contributor
0 Kudos