Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Details about a bugfix in the Xilinx I2C driver

Hi all,

In one of my projects, I just updated the I2C driver in the SDK from version 2.07a to 3.0. After looking at the changelog I saw that a bug was fixed in version 2.08a:

* 2.08a adk 29/07/13 In Low level driver In repeated start condition the
* Direction of Tx bit must be disabled in recv condition
* It Fixes the CR:685759 Changes are done in the file
* xiic_l.c in the function XIic_Recv.

I'd like to know a bit more about this bug, as I had sporadic communication errors after a while in my project. I'm not sure wether my problem is fixed now due to the update or if I was just lucky over the last few hours. I searched for "CR:685759" quite a while but didn't find anything. Is there a complete public bugreport available somewhere?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Details about a bugfix in the Xilinx I2C driver

Hi,

The CR #685759 is fixed for vivado 2013.3 and the driver version fixed is iic_v2_08a.

Regards,
Achutha
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Re: Details about a bugfix in the Xilinx I2C driver

Yes, I know that it was fixed. I'm using the fixed version right now.

Maybe I wasn't clear. I want to know more details about the bug. What needed to be fixed there? Under which circumstances did the old behaviour lead to problems?
Because I'm not sure if this fix solved my problem or if it is pure luck that my problem didn't occur yet, because it only happens sporadic.
0 Kudos