UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie atobias

Developing Zynq-7000 with Matlab HDL-Coder and embedded coder

Hello,
i am new to this forum and hope the post lands in the right place. Currenly I`am working on a Workflow to generate HDL with matlab hdl-coder and Software for the Zynq ARM portion with the embedded coder for PIL Simulation. The Board is a RedPitaya. I configured a custom board and reference design with AXI Interface for use with the HDL Workflow Advisor. HDL code is working an everything is fine on the FPGA. Now my problems :

In the Hardware options for the Zynq Targetdevice (simulink-> code generation) i cannot find der Xilinx SDK (Toolchain). Can someone tell me, how to integrate the xilinx sdk in the list of toolchains ?

Never the less : to give it a try, i used another toolchain. Build was good, but transfering it to the target system  and/or run it failed. So i copied it manually and started it. There was an error, that /dev/mwipcore wasn`t found. I figured out that the target system uses /dev/mem. So I wrote a short python script and changed some registers on the FPGA (mmap) over AXI and it worked.

So my next question is, can I make a symlink from /dev/mwipcore to /dev/mem, or can i define a custom device in matlab ? (The are some AXI Blocks wich allows to change the device name - so in principle it seems to be possible. Using such blocks are no option for me since i want to implement a PIL Simulation)

I would be happy if someone had an idea or tips for me.

Many greetings

Tobias

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Re: Developing Zynq-7000 with Matlab HDL-Coder and embedded coder

What version of Vivado are you using ?

you might want to see this
https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/embedded-software/sdk.html

SDK is dead is the message
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Newbie atobias

Re: Developing Zynq-7000 with Matlab HDL-Coder and embedded coder

Thank you for your reply. I will look at the link in peace.

But the Workflow I`am working on should be completely integrated with the matlab tools.

I`am using vivdao 2017.2, Matlab 2019b with Xilinx Zynq support packages for HDL-coder and embedded coder.

0 Kudos