UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Different performance with thread bind to different cores

Hi:

I am using ZYNQ7010 on linux to transmit high-speed ADC data.

I create server threads in the linux application. Thread A to response for the  frequently hardware irq.

Thread B to send the ADC data to the eth port. 

When I bind the thread A to CPU0 and the thread B bind to CPU1, seems like I missed some irqs, but the eth port tramsmit rate can be 400Mbps. When I bind the thread A to CPU1 and the thread B bind to CPU0, I can get every irq info, but the eth port transmit rate can only 100Mbps.It looks like the core CPU1 is more powerful than the CPU0.Is there any explainaions?

How can I get a transmite rate at 400Mbps with no irq missed ?

Thanks very much!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Visitor gy343279479
Visitor

Re: Different performance with thread bind to different cores

hello~ friend~

my project is similar with you ,but i cant reach you level. so, i am not able to answer your question. i am sorry.but in your project,i learn that you use Ethernet to sent data and open thread in ZYNQ.Do you use socket to sent data?

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Yes ,my appilication is based on linux. If yours are baremetal,it should be different.

0 Kudos
Visitor gy343279479
Visitor

in your socket program,do you use interrupt to sent data? it seem that there are no interrupt in socket,only the phread xemacif_input_thread refer to interrupt.

0 Kudos