UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Directory independencde

I get these two errors as a result of running

$ petalinux-config --get-hw-description $HW_PROJ/RB706.sdk

[INFO] menuconfig project
<path-to-project>build/misc/config/Kconfig.syshw:30:warning: defaults for choice values not supported
<path-to-project>/build/misc/config/Kconfig:546:warning: config symbol defined without type

where "<path-to-project>" is the path to the top level of my Petalinux project

I get this after going through considerable effort to remove absolute path references from my project, in preparation for sharing it to a colleague.  I have two questions:

1.  Where to find the source of those errors?  The first (line 30 of Kconfig.syshw) seems to refer to the "default y" in this bit of code:

config SUBSYSTEM_ARCH_ARM
    bool
    default y
    depends on SUBSYSTEM_PROCESSOR_PS7_CORTEXA9_0_SELECT

and the second (line 546 of Kconig refers to the "config" line in this:

menu "Local sstate feeds settings"
config YOCTO_DEFAULT_LOCAL_SSTATE_FEEDS
    comment "Default sstate feeds ${PETALINUX}/components/yocto always added"

2.  Does Xilinx have a document giving guidance to how to configure a project so it is path-independent, and sharable between workstations?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Directory independencde

Hi @daryllee

If not wrong Petalinux projects cannot be moved/copied freely as there are parts of the build project that uses absolute paths, which makes moving a non valid use-case.

The best way to share projects with your peers is the usage of BSPs, which allows to share both the HDF file and all the project customizations. See BSP packaging chapter in UG1144.

BTW: This thread should be located in Embedded Linux board as that is the board to handle Petalinux questions ;)

Regards,

Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Directory independence

Thanks.  I normally live in the Embedded Linux forum--I can't recall how I landed here this time. Is there a way to  move this thread or should I start a new one there?

The fact that "there are parts of the build project that uses absolute paths" is what really prompted this query in the first place.  My colleague and I need to be able to work on the same project at all levels: hardware design, standalone (Xilinx SDK) programming, and Linux (Petalinux) application and device programming.  If Xilinx had a detailed guide for how to manage that, I'd invest some quality time in studying it.

0 Kudos