cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Does anyone know what new features will be available in EDK 9.2

I have just started using EDK 9.1 and on the whole I'm very impressed with the product.  I am about to start incorporating the Microblaze core into our Xilinx designs but before I start documenting a methodology flow I was wondering what new features are going to be available in EDK 9.2?  I don't want to start writing a document that will be superseded in a week or so.  Is the 21st October still the release data for 9.2?

Thanks,
Martin Spriggs
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I believe that the release date is Oct 22.  Not knowing what you will be documenting, I would just play it safe and wait for the release.

Steve

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I have been told by a local FAE that the OPB interface will be depreciated in 9.2 with a unified bus for both Microblaze & PowerPC core.  The other new features I was told about also look like big improvements.  Only a few more days to wait now ...

Thanks,
Martin
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

One of the things the FAE wasn't sure about was if Windows XP 64-bit will be supported.  I'm having to use EDK 9.1 running VMWare running a 32-bit XP virtual machine,  however the SDK does not work with this configuration meaning that I am not able to use the debugger.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

I bought a copy of EDK 9.1 and ISE 9.2 two  weeks ago. Will I have access to an upgrade for free or would I have to purchase another license for EDK 9.2?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Shadow,

Your question is best answered by the person you bought the EDK s/w from.

Steve

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Normal purchases of EDK (and most Xilinx development software) in the US include a one year support subscription, and no charge updates within that year.  If you register the software online, you'll have access to downloads of any updates for which you are elgible.

If you purchased it through a special deal, or outside the US, it is possible that the terms are different.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

It appears the release has been delayed. Anybody knows the new release date?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

my FAE told me mid Nov...but not an exact date.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

We are trying to get everything together.  It looks like it will be within a week.

Steve

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

EDK 9.2 is now up on the electronic software download page

0 Kudos