UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Does test memory application change application in memory ?

Jump to solution

Hello,

When creating new appliccation in SDK, we can create through project->xilinx a memory test application.

I wanted to run this test before stating the operational application.

But I think I have some errors after running this test becuase it can change DDR values.

The thing I dion't understand here:

When I load program to memory (using the default lscript.ld) it will ooad itself to DDR, as far as I understand when viewing this file.

So it seems that I can't really test DDR memory, Right ?

I actaully wanted to test 2 memories:

1. DDR

2. SRAM

But As I said, I'm not sure if that is really possible, and wander how the example should work...

Thank you,

Ram

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Re: Does test memory application change application in memory ?

Jump to solution
Make sure that the linker script of the memory test application points to the local lmb RAM of the MicroBlaze. This way the application will be able to test DDR and any other AXI BRAM memory present in the hardware design.

To learn how to change the linker script, you can refer to the link below:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2015_1/SDK_Doc/SDK_references/sdk_u_linker_script_mod.html
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Re: Does test memory application change application in memory ?

Jump to solution
Make sure that the linker script of the memory test application points to the local lmb RAM of the MicroBlaze. This way the application will be able to test DDR and any other AXI BRAM memory present in the hardware design.

To learn how to change the linker script, you can refer to the link below:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2015_1/SDK_Doc/SDK_references/sdk_u_linker_script_mod.html
0 Kudos