UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer dkartis2
Observer

Download elf file to Microblaze from Android phone

Jump to solution
Hi, I have a microblaze based Artix 7 design with code that I'm able to run from the Xilinx SDK. Is it possible to download or run the elf file from the phone to the board through USB? I want the phone to behave as the PC. Thanks for any help you can provide
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar stephenm
Scholar

Re: Download elf file to Microblaze from Android phone

Jump to solution

You can set up the "phone" as a storage device. I use inverted comma's as the USB would just see the memory on your phone. 

So, you would need to add the AXI USB IP to your system. There is example driver code below to set up the storage device:

C:\Xilinx\SDK\2015.2\data\embeddedsw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\drivers\usb_v5_0\examples

You can use them. You would then just copy the elf into your memory on your phone, then use the USB driver to copy this from the memory into local memory. then you can reboot the microblaze.

boot_app = (int (*) (void)) XPAR_MICROBLAZE_0_BASE_VECTORS;    

boot_app();

2 Replies
Scholar stephenm
Scholar

Jump to solution

You can set up the "phone" as a storage device. I use inverted comma's as the USB would just see the memory on your phone. 

So, you would need to add the AXI USB IP to your system. There is example driver code below to set up the storage device:

C:\Xilinx\SDK\2015.2\data\embeddedsw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\drivers\usb_v5_0\examples

You can use them. You would then just copy the elf into your memory on your phone, then use the USB driver to copy this from the memory into local memory. then you can reboot the microblaze.

boot_app = (int (*) (void)) XPAR_MICROBLAZE_0_BASE_VECTORS;    

boot_app();

Observer dkartis2
Observer

Jump to solution

That is amazing, thank you so much. You just opened the door for me, thanks again!

0 Kudos