UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

[Drc 23-20] GPIO AXI IP to custom

I am running on a Virtex 7 (vc707 eval board) and originally the design had the board's LEDs driven from an AXI GPIO IP instantiated and connected to a Microblaze AXI Bus. I decided to change how one of the LEDs work, and instead of being driven from the Microblaze/GPIO IP, it would be driven automatically from HDL.

When I did this, I got:

"[Drc 23-20] Rule violation (NSTD-1) Unspecified I/O Standard...Problem ports: led_8bits_tri_o[0]"

So I am curious to how I was able to build the project before. Does the AXI GPIO IP automatically create I/O Standard contstraints? If so, what is the IO standard it is using?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar stephenm
Scholar

Re: [Drc 23-20] GPIO AXI IP to custom

You may need to update the xdc file to add the io standard and pin placement info.
In IPI you can select a gpio and allow the tools to make the port external and this will add the led io interface. This will update the xdc file. However, if you ae no longer using this, then you will need to update the xdc manually.
0 Kudos

Re: [Drc 23-20] GPIO AXI IP to custom

Hi,

Check Table 1-26 on page 54 of http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/vc707/ug885_VC707_Eval_Bd.pdf to get LEDs pin location and IO standard.

Regards

Praveen

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos