UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Dump large memory data using xsct is quite slow

Hi,

I need to dump a large range of memory(image) and save it to a binary file. If I do it from Xilinx SDK GUI, it needs only 5 seconds or so:

dump_memory.png

but if I do it in the xsct console using the following command:

mrd -size b -bin -file /home/xiz/frame.bin 0x20000000 3072000

it is reading but takes forever(very very slow)..

Is there any way to dump large memory data with reasonable time using command line?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Re: Dump large memory data using xsct is quite slow

Quick thought,

Are the SDK and the command line tool talking over the same physical interface to the same target ? or is on eover ethernet and one over JTAG

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @drjohnsmith 

Thanks for your quick reply. When I use the command line tool, I didn't launch the xilinx sdk, so I don't think this is a problem.

0 Kudos
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

I was wondering , if SDK uses the ethernet and command line uses JTAG then the speeds will be different

Sorry, I dont use SDK very often,

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos