UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

EDK 11.1 - ML410 TestApp_Peripheral fails

I generate a system with BSB:

• RSA232 UART16550
  • 8-bit LEDs
  • 256M DDR2
  • TriMode_MAC_MI
  • SystemAce
  • MGT

With all configurations set to default, I just generate the bitstreame file. My network connectin is through a cable hooked to a 100M Switch. I have no problem using it with XPS_EthernetLite IP for TestApp_Peripheral.

However, the  TestApp_Peripheral fails, the "100M" led is turned off, and I get error message like:

Temac: Rx packet rejected

TxBDs were not ready for post processing

Does anybody has success in using LL_TEMAC on a ML410 board?

Message Edited by wenweizha on 07-14-2009 02:05 PM
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Contributor
Contributor

Re: EDK 11.1 - ML410 TestApp_Peripheral fails

I'm debugging the TestApp_Peripheral for Temac.

Before sending and receiving frames, "TemacUtilEnterLoopback" is executed. This program does two things: 1) reset Phy and 2) bring loopback.

1) is done by  XLlTemac_PhyWrite(TemacInstancePtr, PhyAddr, 0, PhyReg0 | PHY_R0_RESET); ---PhyReg0 is speed 100M for MII.

This is OK. When resetting, all EMAC Leds become off; then after a while, the 100M speed LED is on.

2) is done by  XLlTemac_PhyWrite(TemacInstancePtr, PhyAddr, 0, PhyReg0 | PHY_R0_LOOPBACK);

However, after this function is executed, the 100M speed LED is off again - all LEDs are off.

Is this a problem, indicating that ethernet link is lost?

Also, the RX led never boards - I guess that's nothing is received so that I get errors like " Temac: Rx fifo over run" and "Temac: Rx packet rejected".

Message Edited by wenweizha on 07-15-2009 05:26 PM
0 Kudos