cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

EDK:440 - platgen failed with errors! make: *** [implementation/system.bmm] Error 2

Hi ,

i \'m using XPS 12.4 and while updating bitstream we are getting "

EDK:440 - platgen failed with errors!
make: *** [implementation/system.bmm] Error 2" errom . what it exactly means and please give a sollution.

Ram
0 Kudos
17 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Re: EDK:440 - platgen failed with errors! make: *** [implementation/system.bmm] Error 2

Could you provide more detail as to what stage platgen had got to? May be attach the platgen.log file? Any other error messages that you can see?

Regards,

Howard

----------
"That which we must learn to do, we learn by doing." - Aristotle
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Re: EDK:440 - platgen failed with errors! make: *** [implementation/system.bmm] Error 2

i have attatched platgen.log file ....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Did you read the log file you attached? There is a lot of text there, I admit, but the reason for the platgen failure is there.

About line 990 of the log file:

INSTANCE:my_multiplier_0 - E:\mblaze\sem4\dual_processor\system.mhs line 340 -
Running XST synthesis
ERROR:EDK:546 - Aborting XST flow execution!
INFO:EDK:2246 - Refer to
   E:\mblaze\sem4\dual_processor\synthesis\my_multiplier_0_wrapper_xst.srp for
   details

Clearly there is a synthesis problem with your my_multiplier_0 instance. The exact problem with that can be found by reading the synthesis report for that module.

P.S. My guess now is that EDK:440 means that platgen failed due to underlying synthesis problems.

----------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Sir,

I had to refer to the file 'system_hdmi_in_0_wrapper_xst.srp' to find out why the XST flow execution stopped; which gives me the ERROR:EDK: 440.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Sir Howard.

Please help me out,  the licenses evaporates quick.

I had to refer to the file 'system_hdmi_in_0_wrapper_xst.srp' to find out why the XST flow execution stopped; which gives me the ERROR:EDK: 440.

Sinc. Yours.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

I didn't realise you were asking a question. What is the problem? Have you read the file you attached?

Hint: search for the word "ERROR" in the file.

Synthesis stops because of an error in one of your submodules. The error text is quite explicit so you should be able to identify and fix the issue quite quickly.
----------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Dear Howard.

Many ERRORS:

It can be an license failures, but I tried several versions of ISE 14.7, 13.1 (advice vuppala), 14.3, 14.6 (laatste).

Regards, wietsoos

SDK_license.bmp
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Several things about this:

1. I doubt this is a license issue. That the license expires soon is irrelevant. As the licensing message states, it only means that you won't receive automatic updates. The software you currently run will be fine. As an example, I still use ISE 13.4 Embedded Edition with a license that "expired" at the end of 2012. It all works just fine.

2. The platgen.log you recently attached is not the same as the synthesis report you originally attached.

3. In any case, I still only find 1 ERROR occurrence (lots of INFO and WARNING but only 1 ERROR). The platgen.log points you to the synthesis report that you attached which, in turn, explicitly states that the Verilog submodule "serdes_1_to_5_diff_data.v" mixes blocking and non-blocking assignments at line 82.

Perhaps you should focus on fixing the first, known, detailed, problems and work through the synthesis and implementation issues as you find them. Rocket science this is not.

----------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

1. The software you currently run will be fine. As an example, I still use ISE 13.4 Embedded Edition with a license that "expired" at the end of 2012. It all works just fine.

2. The platgen.log you recently attached is not the same as the synthesis report you originally attached.

---------------

vijayak wrote Posts: 290 "Your version limit is 2012.08 and you can use till ISE 14.3. But you are using 14.6 and hence the error. Please check the AR http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/33770.htm
Thanks,Vijay."

However I posted: Post 24 04-27-2014, 07:41 AM "

Sir, I tried 14.3, however directory 'microblaze_V8_50_b' does not exist in it; 'V8_40_b'. Yes. 14.6 does. The system.xmp required it.

After renewing the licenses. The problem was solved (so far). Thanks for your attention.

Sinc.

What about this?
WARNING:EDK - INFO:Security:71 - If a license for part 'xc6slx45' is available,
   it will be possible to use 'XPS_TDP' instead of 'XPS'.
   WARNING:Security:42 - Your license support version '2014.05' for XPS expires
   in 28 days after which you will not qualify for Xilinx software updates or
   new releases.

I renewed the platgen.log and the system_hdmi_in_0_wrapper_xst.srp (in an spreadsheet *.xls).

Sinc. Yours.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Dear Howard.

This is what I get with 14.3 SDK. "ERROR:EDK - The installed version of EDK tools is 14.3, while project was created with version 14.6
Overriding Xilinx file <TextEditor.cfg> with local file <C:/Xilinx/14.3/ISE_DS/EDK/data/TextEditor.cfg>".

regards. Wietsoos.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

You seem to be trying to make this as difficult as possible for yourself.

If you have a license for 14.6, then use 14.6. Why would you need to try and roll back to 14.3?

You haven't mentioned or acknowledged anything about the problem in your Verilog file, which is still evident from your platgen and synthesis logs.

----------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Sir,

I had only one error message in the 'system_hdmi_in_0_wrapper_xst.srp.
Ergo (AR#44521), I changed 'ERROR:HDLCompiler:1511' into 'WARNING:HDLCompiler:1511'.but that did not solve the issue.
EDK:546 - Aborting XST flow execution!

Sinc. wietsoos.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

So what is the platgen.log failure after you made changes? i.e. please attach relevant files

It's very difficult to help you if you are not more specific with your problems.

----------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

@hgleamon1 wrote:

So what is the platgen.log failure after you made changes? i.e. please attach relevant files

It's very difficult to help you if you are not more specific with your problems.

That is just what I'm trying to found out what the problem is.

Herewith the platgen.log file

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

We could go around this loop many times without getting anywhere and, frankly, I have neither the time nor the patience for that..

My point about being specific is that you aren't really giving any details about what YOU are doing to learn about and resolve the issues you find.

So far, your position is like "I failed platgen. Here's the platgen log".

We (the other contributors to this forum) know nothing about your design. All we can do is read the log (tedious) and then request that you read the synthesis report for the offending module(s) and come back with any problems. Whereupon you simply attach the synthesis report with no details about your own investigative efforts.

It would be far better, for us (the wider community) and yourself, if your position was more like " My design failed platgen. I understand now that platgen always fails if there is a synthesis error in a submodule, so I read the platgen log and traced the failure to submodule X. I read the synthesis report for submodule X and it stated there was error Y at line Z but I don't really understand the error. Can you help me? I've attached the code for the failing module and highlighted line Z. Thanks".

So, given that, can you be more detailed in what you want help with?

P.S. If you have made changes but you still fail synthesis of the same submodule with the same error, it's possible the tools haven't identified your change. It can be worth selecting "Clean All Generated Files" from within XPS before doing another synthesis run.

----------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Dear Howard.

Thanks for your attention. I'm just new to ISE, Verilog and HDL programming.

This project comes from Digilentinc.com under DSD-0000326.

I turned to 'support@digilentinc.com' for their advice about 'EDK' not willing to synthesize 'Atlys_HDMI_PLB_demo'.

(EDK:546 - Aborting XST flow execution!).

I will let you know if they (can) come up with something.

Sincerely yours.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Sir,

After downloading Digilent DSD-0000325 (Atlys-AC97-EDK-demo.zip) and implementing, the synthesising and platgen worked just fine.(no Errors).

------------------

"That which we must learn to do, we learn by doing." - Aristotle.

Sinc. wietsoos.

0 Kudos