cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ascendere
Visitor
Visitor

EDK Problem with bitstream generation: It never finish to generate bitstream

Hi, I have a problem using EDK. I'm trying to generate bitstream in a project with the virtex II pro XUP board.

So, I select Hardware<generate bitstream, but then, the program execution is waiting for something and never finish. The console window display the following sentence:

Loading design module
                 "C:/labs/Tesis3/Prueba6/implementation/dcm_0_wrapper.ngc"...

Applying constraints in "system.ucf" to the design...

But the execution never go after this point. I've waited for hours, and nothing happens, the bitstream generation is never done.

Im using EDK 9.1.02i. This problem is not presented when i tried to generate bitsream using board, like spartan 3, but I need  EDK to work with the virtex II pro XUP board.

I appreciate you help,

Regards

Christian.

Hi, I have a problem using EDK. I'm trying to generate bitstream in a project with the virtex II pro XUP board.

So, I select Hardware<generate bitstream, but then, the program execution is waiting for something and never finish. The console window display the following sentence:

Loading design module
                 "C:/labs/Tesis3/Prueba6/implementation/dcm_0_wrapper.ngc"...

Applying constraints in "system.ucf" to the design...

But the execution never go after this point. I've waited for hours, and nothing happens, the bitstream generation is never done.

Im using EDK 9.1.02i. This problem is not presented when i tried to generate bitsream using other boards, like spartan 3, but I need  EDK to work with the virtex II pro XUP board.

I appreciate you help,

Regards

Christian.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
heritage
Explorer
Explorer

No idea.  First make sure ISE is upto date and you have the latest corgen updates. 

Then clean all generated files inside EDK. 

close EDK and reopen it and rebuild everything. 
Cheers,
Bill Tomb
0 Kudos
muh_ali
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello,

I'm using EDK 11.3 (last update), Vista and I have same problem. Hardware=>Generate Bitstream after that processing don't finish. 

There is a similar problem with solving here :http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/31259.htm

But it tried it and problem is still continuing.

Maybe someone knows the solution.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
prateek_bhatt
Scholar
Scholar

Hello.

Thats very strange.

Never faced any problem like this.

Are you facing this problem specific to this board only or is it in general for every board. 

Have you shifted the date of your PC to some previos date. 

Best of luck.
--
Unlimited in my Limits.
0 Kudos
dorau
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

I have never seen this kind of error, too!

One procedure to exclude terminal "keystroke" problems in the background:

** Call the "generating bitstream" process separately! **

'make -f system.make bits' and see what then happens, maybe press any key in terminal when the

process hangs!

Rgds,

Kai

0 Kudos
muh_ali
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello,

Problem wasn't about  a specific board.

But i think it is solved. If Edk is opened as Administrator with new project and make Generate Bitstream before closing the Edk. Then Generate Bitstream is working. If Edk is closed without Generate Bitstream. Then it isn't working.

Thanks, 

0 Kudos