UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

EDK & Vista x64

Jump to solution

According to the OS support matrix, here:

http://www.xilinx.com/ise/ossupport/index.htm

Vista x64 is one of the few still unsupported OSes for EDK.  I know the software was just released today, but has anyone had a chance to try it on Vista x64 yet?  Does it not work at all?  Or does it work but is just "unsupported?"  I may be buying a new development machine soon and am trying to decided whether or not to order a WinXP x64 or Vista x64 license with it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: EDK & Vista x64

Jump to solution

So in case anyone else was wondering, I installed System Edition on Vista x64 yesterday and have had great success with it so far.  EDK and SDK both run well for the most part, besides infrequent Java errors that I've been able to workaround.  I quickly tested it on my colleague's Windows 7 x64 machine this afternoon and was able to probe an ILA with Chipscope Pro, as well as implement a basic ML605 example system.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Visitor weijianguo
Visitor

Jump to solution

I have installed on win7 64bit today.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

So in case anyone else was wondering, I installed System Edition on Vista x64 yesterday and have had great success with it so far.  EDK and SDK both run well for the most part, besides infrequent Java errors that I've been able to workaround.  I quickly tested it on my colleague's Windows 7 x64 machine this afternoon and was able to probe an ILA with Chipscope Pro, as well as implement a basic ML605 example system.

0 Kudos
Visitor weijianguo
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi pcurt, could you try to run a edk sp605 board project with win7 64bit platform.

I have a trouble to run edk on win7 64bit platform. when I run a sp605 board project. it's stall when I generate bitstream. But when I choose spartan3 parts. everything is OK. Seems problem just for spartan 6.

Could you verify on your pc?

0 Kudos