UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor junxiu6
Visitor

EDK failed to move file, what's wrong?

I create a normal project. when i update bitstream, the following error are counted.

unning XST synthesis ...
INFO:MDT - The following instances are synthesized with XST. The MPD option
   IMP_NETLIST=TRUE indicates that a NGC file is to be produced using XST
   synthesis. IMP_NETLIST=FALSE (default) instances are not synthesized.
INSTANCE:microblaze_0 - D:\work\xilinx_xps\2010NEC\mbtestv4\system.mhs line 34 -
Running XST synthesis
ERROR:MDT - Aborting XST flow execution!
INFO:MDT - Refer to
   D:\work\xilinx_xps\2010NEC\mbtestv4\synthesis\microblaze_0_wrapper_xst.srp
   for details

Running NGCBUILD ...
ERROR:MDT - IPNAME:rs232_port_wrapper INSTANCE:rs232_port -
   D:\work\xilinx_xps\2010NEC\mbtestv4\system.mhs line 133 - failed to move
   D:\work\xilinx_xps\2010NEC\mbtestv4\implementation\rs232_port_wrapper.ngc to
   D:\work\xilinx_xps\2010NEC\mbtestv4\implementation\rs232_port_wrapper\rs232_p
   ort_wrapper.ngc

Rebuilding cache ...
ERROR:MDT - platgen failed with errors!
make: *** [implementation/microblaze_0_wrapper.ngc] Error 2
Done!

Does someone know the reason?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: EDK failed to move file, what's wrong?

Hi,

Please make sure that you have administrative privileges on the project location and EDK installation folder.

Thnx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor junxiu6
Visitor

of course, I have administrative privileges because my account is administrator (Windows XP SP3).

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Actually, I've experienced similar errors due to EDK creating folders without write properties for one or more accounts (and no, being on an administrator does not automatically give you access to everything sadly).

But if you go into Properties->Security for the folder(s) in question, try fiddling around with the access privileges - it's been some time since I had the problem, so I can't remember exactly what was wrong, just that I was able to fix it in there. You might also have to turn off simple file sharing for this to work.

0 Kudos