UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor sssingh
Visitor

EDK gpio ports

What is the best way to hookup signals from XPS out to FPGA fabric (not external ports) ?

I want gpio like functionality but only need dedicated inputs and outpus and have no need for tri-state buses.

This is just a control mechanism to allow communication between fpga logic and uB.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Visitor eliezerm
Visitor

Re: EDK gpio ports

hello,

why not OPB or PLB GPIO?

other options:

* make uB a core in a ISE project so uB external ports will be the cores External ports and not the device external port

* create your own core on plb / opb bus

* use FSL bus

* create your core with no bus connection and just connect the ports (the "MY" logic is a core in  EDK). read about mpd files in the manual

Eliezer 

0 Kudos
Visitor sssingh
Visitor

Re: EDK gpio ports

I am using PLB GPIO and yes I am making uB a core in ISE project so some uB external ports will be core ext. ports while

other will be device external ports.

My question was when using PLB GPIO, is there a need to get rid of internal tristate and just

have only inputs and outputs ?

0 Kudos