UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor balajigec
Visitor

EDK

hi all,

actually I want to write a program in EDK for memory read/write.

Whenever I have created one project in ISE navigator,it will give some examples, in that examples I have found "memory_test" C program. And I am executing that program it's giving some error, like license needed like that.but mine is licensed version.

And one more thing, in that C program("memory_test") has some function. how to see the body of the functions.

And i got some examples in SDK(after browsing 'xml' file to SDK)..like hello world, memory test, and some others..i have ran these programs in EDK.but the error is same.plz help me.

Thanks in advance....

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: EDK

Can you post your error here? You could also run the Xilinx License management utility to confirm that the license is being picked up by the tools.

0 Kudos
Visitor balajigec
Visitor

Re: EDK

this is the error i am getting.

WARNING:EDK:1557 - IPNAME:mpmc INSTANCE:MCB_DDR3 - F:\project\prog\test_1\system\system.mhs line 228 - PARAMETER C_MEM_DM_WIDTH has value 8 specified in MHS, but tcl is overriding the value to 2
WARNING:EDK:1557 - IPNAME:mpmc INSTANCE:MCB_DDR3 - F:\project\prog\test_1\system\system.mhs line 229 - PARAMETER C_MEM_DQS_WIDTH has value 8 specified in MHS, but tcl is overriding the value to 2
Generating Block Diagram to Buffer
C:\Xilinx\12.1\ISE_DS\EDK\data\xml\xslscripts\ConvertEdwardVersion.xsl
Generated Block Diagram SVG
WARNING:EDK:1557 - IPNAME:mpmc INSTANCE:MCB_DDR3 - F:\project\prog\test_1\system\system.mhs line 228 - PARAMETER C_MEM_DM_WIDTH has value 8 specified in MHS, but tcl is overriding the value to 2
WARNING:EDK:1557 - IPNAME:mpmc INSTANCE:MCB_DDR3 - F:\project\prog\test_1\system\system.mhs line 229 - PARAMETER C_MEM_DQS_WIDTH has value 8 specified in MHS, but tcl is overriding the value to 2
At Local date and time: Thu Jun 30 10:28:58 2011
 make -f system.make TestApp_Memory_microblaze_0_program started...
mb-gcc -O2 /cygdrive/f/project/prog/test_1/system/TestApp_Memory_microblaze_0/src/TestApp_Memory.c  -o TestApp_Memory_microblaze_0/executable.elf \
        -mno-xl-soft-mul -mxl-pattern-compare -mcpu=v7.30.a  -T /cygdrive/f/project/prog/test_1/system/TestApp_Memory_microblaze_0/src/TestApp_Memory_LinkScr.ld  -g    -I./microblaze_0/include/  -L./microblaze_0/lib/  \

mb-size TestApp_Memory_microblaze_0/executable.elf
   text       data        bss        dec        hex    filename
   5614        332       1074       7020       1b6c    TestApp_Memory_microblaze_0/executable.elf
Done!

At Local date and time: Thu Jun 30 10:43:01 2011
mb-gcc -O2 /cygdrive/f/project/prog/test_1/system/TestApp_Memory_microblaze_0/src/TestApp_Memory.c /cygdrive/f/project/prog/sdk_1/hello_world_0/src/helloworld.c  -o TestApp_Memory_microblaze_0/executable.elf \
        -mno-xl-soft-mul -mxl-pattern-compare -mcpu=v7.30.a  -T /cygdrive/f/project/prog/test_1/system/TestApp_Memory_microblaze_0/src/TestApp_Memory_LinkScr.ld  -g    -I./microblaze_0/include/  -L./microblaze_0/lib/  \

/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/ecs_lab/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccTwaqYu.o: In function `main':
/cygdrive/f/project/prog/sdk_1/hello_world_0/src/helloworld.c:27: multiple definition of `main'
/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/ecs_lab/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccjvpKZg.o:/cygdrive/f/project/prog/test_1/system/TestApp_Memory_microblaze_0/src/TestApp_Memory.c:63: first defined here
/cygdrive/c/Xilinx/12.1/ISE_DS/EDK/gnu/microblaze/nt/bin/../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/4.1.2/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/bin/ld: Disabling relaxation: it will not work with multiple definitions
/cygdrive/c/Xilinx/12.1/ISE_DS/EDK/gnu/microblaze/nt/bin/../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/4.1.2/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/bin/ld: Warning: size of symbol `main' changed from 728 in /cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/ecs_lab/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccjvpKZg.o to 68 in /cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/ecs_lab/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccTwaqYu.o
: undefined reference to `init_platform'
: undefined reference to `cleanup_platform'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [TestApp_Memory_microblaze_0/executable.elf] Error 1
Done!

At Local date and time: Thu Jun 30 10:43:36 2011
mb-gcc -O2 /cygdrive/f/project/prog/sdk_1/hello_world_0/src/helloworld.c  -o TestApp_Memory_microblaze_0/executable.elf \

/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/ecs_lab/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccY4kPqk.o: In function `main':
/cygdrive/f/project/prog/sdk_1/hello_world_0/src/helloworld.c:28: undefined reference to `init_platform'
/cygdrive/f/project/prog/sdk_1/hello_world_0/src/helloworld.c:30: undefined reference to `cleanup_platform'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [TestApp_Memory_microblaze_0/executable.elf] Error 1
Done!

and one more thing,after bulding our project, how to do simulation and seeing result..

0 Kudos