cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ELF File missing after creation.

Jump to solution

Trying to build a simple MicroBlaze app to test a UartLite serial link. 

Building results in the following log (concatenated).  Seems to missing Collect2.exe and the *.elf file.  I'm assuming the two files are related. I'm probably missing a critical directory path. Trying to find my way around Vitis for the first time. Board is custom, bare-metal coding.  Open to questions, hints, helpful suggestions.  Thanks!

**** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project COMM_TEST ****
make all
'Building target: COMM_TEST.elf'
'Invoking: MicroBlaze gcc linker'
c:/xilinx/vitis/vitis/2020.1/gnu/microblaze/nt/x86_64-oesdk-mingw32/usr/bin/microblaze-xilinx-elf/../../libexec/microblaze-xilinx-elf/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/9.2.0/real-ld.exe: cannot find -lC:/Users/ritchiew/.Xilinx/Vitis/2020.1/XilinxProcessorIPLib/
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
'Finished building target: COMM_TEST.elf'
' '
'Invoking: MicroBlaze Print Size'
mb-size COMM_TEST.elf |tee "COMM_TEST.elf.size"
mb-size: 'COMM_TEST.elf': No such file
'Finished building: COMM_TEST.elf.size'
' '

18:56:38 Build Finished (took 421ms)

' '

18:56:38 Build Finished (took 421ms)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

it did have some write-protected folders, my backup computer folder locations were not write protected. When I recursively removed the read-only attribute , I ran a full build, download and debug flow without error. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi ritchiew@golighthouse.com 

Collect2 is a utility tool used by GCC in the linking stage and is just report it did not succeed to link. The actual error is just the tool is not able to find the pointed directory:

cannot find -lC:/Users/ritchiew/.Xilinx/Vitis/2020.1/XilinxProcessorIPLib/

Might be a permission issue or so? It sounds strange for me that Vitis is installed within a hidden folder...

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos

I thought so too, but that was the default path it set up.  When I set it up on my backup computer, it set up the same path, but that one works. I will check the permissions, thanks!

0 Kudos
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi ritchiew@golighthouse.com 

Usually that path is used by Xilinx tools for "hidden" configuration and setting files. Let us know if the root cause is a permission issue.

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos

it did have some write-protected folders, my backup computer folder locations were not write protected. When I recursively removed the read-only attribute , I ran a full build, download and debug flow without error. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos