UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer ramonal
Observer

ERROR:EDK:440 - platgen failed with errors! (Virtex 4 FX 12 LC Developmentboard

Hi

My board: Virtex 4 FX 12 LC Developmentboard.

I tried to do the mandelbrot example for the ML 403.

I am working with EDK11.1

When I finished to create everything I tried to generate the bitstream for the download.

But I get the message:

ERROR:EDK:440 - platgen failed with errors!
make: *** [implementation/system.bmm] Error 2

Does anyone know how to fix it?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Observer fventrone
Observer

Re: ERROR:EDK:440 - platgen failed with errors! (Virtex 4 FX 12 LC Developmentboard

You really need to supply some more information. The platgen errors would help. Or better yet, you might include the build output or attach a text file that has the build output.

Regards,

FV

0 Kudos
Observer ramonal
Observer

Re: ERROR:EDK:440 - platgen failed with errors! (Virtex 4 FX 12 LC Developmentboard

Hey,

Thanks for your answere. But that is my problem I don't have an output file because I can't generate the bitstream. Now I copied the console with the information during generating the bitstream, but it I think it won't help you and that are 8 pages. I don't know which file I can send you? Thank you very much for your help.

greetings Ramona

0 Kudos
Observer ramonal
Observer

I started the tutorial again and now I got an error message a bit more in detail:

IPNAME:fcb_v10 INSTANCE:fcb_v10_0 -
C:\ImpulseC\CoDeveloper3\Examples\Embedded\Mandelbrot_Virtex4FX\EDK11.2\system.m
hs line 215 - 0 master(s) : 1 slave(s)
ERROR:EDK:1599 - IPNAME:fcb_v10 INSTANCE:fcb_v10_0 -
   C:\ImpulseC\CoDeveloper3\Examples\Embedded\Mandelbrot_Virtex4FX\EDK11.2\syste
   m.mhs line 215 - must have atleast 1 master assigned!
ERROR:EDK:440 - platgen failed with errors!
make: *** [implementation/system.bmm] Error 2

Furthermore I got an error with space overlaping because the adress range for the instance xps_tft_0 is 0x00000000 to 0xffffffff and I also don't know how can I figure out the adress space for that instance.

Thanks again

Ramona

0 Kudos
Observer ramonal
Observer

The problem was that I forgot to connect the MFCB with the ppc405_0

Sorry, but Thank you for your reply

Ramona

0 Kudos