cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jboehler
Observer
Observer

Edit array in SDK expression window

I try to debug my C-code where I have a bunch of global variables I observe in the "Expressions" window in SDK. While I can edit any regular variable (int/float/...) by just clicking on it and entering a new value, this is not possible for char arrays. Why not and what can I do to be able to adapt the values during debugging?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
marcb

Hi @jboehler 

I see for a char I can set this with the "print" command from the XSCT window. However, it seems to be necessary to use the decimal ASCII value. For instance the below changes the variable to a 'v'.

print -set mychar 118

try using "help print" form XSCT for more information on the syntax.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
marcb

Hi @jboehler 

If any of the previous information helped to find a resolution, please mark the helpful post as an accepted solution, for others to find.

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos