cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Embedded Software Development

I am using the Zedboard. I want to send files or texts from my host PC to zedboard through the ethernet port. I am unable to understand how to do it. I have a standalone BSP and I have included LWIP in it. So in this case I am using raw API. Am I right? But how to interpret the file transferring application in it?

I have done the echo example and it works fine but in this case I am wiling to change the port number from 7 to a user defined one(>50000). So as per my understanding echo wont work in this port number as well as ftp. How am I supposed to do that? Will it work if I promptly change the port number in the given source code examples?

Any idea?

Oh yes. I have developed a file transfer application software where I can input the IP address of Zedboard and select a particular port and send the intended file. Can I put this to use?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted

You need a file system. Have a look at xapp1026 to see how to achieve this

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hey @stephenm  thanks for your advice. So I have gone through the document of XAPP1026. I just wanted to work with the raw apps part hence i copied just the raw_apps source codes into my file. But I am facing some problems. The header file, ip4_addr.h in the bsp shows the error "dereferencing pointer to incomplete type 'struct ip_addr'".  Can you tell me how can I remove it? 

bsp.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone help me? Any suggestion or advice will be helpful.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Hello Tish,

I am having the same issue...did you figure it out? please advice

Regards,

Murad

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@jayyous  the problem is, I guess, the zynq SoC I am using is different from the one for which this XAPP source is written for. Hence, the hardware configurations are not matching exactly and hence, the problem persists. I could not solve it though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Thanks Tish for the reply...actually, I am using the same hardware...everything was working with Vivado 2017.1 but when I updated to 2018.3, this issue occurred...will let you know if I find a solution

Regards,

Murad

Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Hello Tish,

use:

ip_addr_t

instead of:

struct ip_addr

Regards,

Murad