UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer dguisinger
Observer

Error Message: Can not generate mask for the LMB peripherals

Jump to solution

I've added a bunch of  perhipherals to my microblaze project and used the Generate Addresses button.  I get the below error messges when I try to generate a net list.

ERROR:EDK:3193 - issued from TCL procedure
   "::hw_lmb_bram_if_cntlr_v2_10_b::update_syslevel_mask" line 88
    C_MASK (IPNAME:lmb_bram_if_cntlr, INSTANCE:ilmb_cntlr) - Can not generate
   mask for the LMB peripherals! An address decode mask is assigned to all LMB
   peripherals connected to the MicroBlaze processor. The address decode mask is
   based on a set of decode bits that distinguish the LMB address space from the
   OPB/PLB address space. The error message indicates that a set of decode bits
   can not be found to generate a mask. Please modify the address map of the
   slaves connected to OPB/PLB to use a common address bit.
ERROR:EDK:1585 - IPNAME:lmb_bram_if_cntlr INSTANCE:ilmb_cntlr -
   E:\Xilinx\11.1\EDK\hw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\pcores\lmb_bram_if_cntlr_v2_10_b\d
   ata\lmb_bram_if_cntlr_v2_1_0.mpd line 77 - error computing override value for
   C_MASK using tcl
ERROR:EDK:3193 - issued from TCL procedure
   "::hw_lmb_bram_if_cntlr_v2_10_b::update_syslevel_mask" line 88
    C_MASK (IPNAME:lmb_bram_if_cntlr, INSTANCE:dlmb_cntlr) - Can not generate
   mask for the LMB peripherals! An address decode mask is assigned to all LMB
   peripherals connected to the MicroBlaze processor. The address decode mask is
   based on a set of decode bits that distinguish the LMB address space from the
   OPB/PLB address space. The error message indicates that a set of decode bits
   can not be found to generate a mask. Please modify the address map of the
   slaves connected to OPB/PLB to use a common address bit.
ERROR:EDK:1585 - IPNAME:lmb_bram_if_cntlr INSTANCE:dlmb_cntlr -
   E:\Xilinx\11.1\EDK\hw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\pcores\lmb_bram_if_cntlr_v2_10_b\d
   ata\lmb_bram_if_cntlr_v2_1_0.mpd line 77 - error computing override value for
   C_MASK using tcl

I understand its complaining about the mask values, but I'm not exactly sure why.  Here is the address map it shows:

Address Map for Processor microblaze_0
  (0000000000-0x00003fff) dlmb_cntlr    dlmb
  (0000000000-0x00003fff) ilmb_cntlr    ilmb
  (0x81800000-0x8180ffff) xps_intc_0    mb_plb
  (0x81c00000-0x81c0ffff) xps_ll_temac_0    mb_plb
  (0x83400000-0x8340ffff) Generic_SPI    mb_plb
  (0x83c00000-0x83c0ffff) xps_timer_0    mb_plb
  (0x84000000-0x8400ffff) RS232    mb_plb
  (0x84400000-0x8440ffff) mdm_0    mb_plb
  (0x8c000000-0x8fffffff) mpmc_0    mb_plb
  (0xfffff000-0xffffffff) xps_gpio_0    mb_plb

Any thoughts?  I was unable to find another instance of this error message.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer dguisinger
Observer

Re: Error Message: Can not generate mask for the LMB peripherals

Jump to solution

Version 11.3

I actually figured it out, its rather odd that the generate addresses button doesn't do this automatically.

It appears that the mask was set to trigger use of the cache on a single bit.  0x00800000.  I had enough devices added where automatic address generation was using the most significant bit meaning that bit was falling within other address spaces.

I changed it to 0xFFFFC000.  (Basically telling it to match addresses if all address signals above 16KB are zero).  I don't know if that is the proper way to do it, but it accepted it.  Now I'm fighting with some stuff regarding an FSL bus I added that apparently isn't quite properly setup, so I haven't found out yet if the processor likes that address mask. 

But the tools appear to like it.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello.

Which version of the tool you are using.

Also try cleaning your hardware and then generate again.

Best of luck.
--
Unlimited in my Limits.
0 Kudos
Observer dguisinger
Observer

Jump to solution

Version 11.3

I actually figured it out, its rather odd that the generate addresses button doesn't do this automatically.

It appears that the mask was set to trigger use of the cache on a single bit.  0x00800000.  I had enough devices added where automatic address generation was using the most significant bit meaning that bit was falling within other address spaces.

I changed it to 0xFFFFC000.  (Basically telling it to match addresses if all address signals above 16KB are zero).  I don't know if that is the proper way to do it, but it accepted it.  Now I'm fighting with some stuff regarding an FSL bus I added that apparently isn't quite properly setup, so I haven't found out yet if the processor likes that address mask. 

But the tools appear to like it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hai friend,

I am also facing same error now. Luckily I found your post . But I am unable to understand how you solved it. Please make it more clear. From where did you get the address mask value?? Also which one you have changed to 0xFFFF... I am new to this so could'nt get what you have said. Kindly explain more. Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos