Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Error during SDK

Jump to solution

Ihave face following error during SDK implemenation.

Description Resource Path Location Type
conflicting types for 'kill' kill.c /standalone_bsp_0/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/standalone_v5_5/src line 46 C/C++ Problem

make: Target 'all' not remade because of errors. standalone_bsp_0 C/C++ Problem

make[1]: Target 'libs' not remade because of errors. standalone_bsp_0 C/C++ Problem

ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/standalone_v5_5/src/make.libs] Error 2 standalone_bsp_0 line 28 C/C++ Problem

standalone_libs] Error 1 standalone_bsp_0 line 68 C/C++ Problem

In info :- Description Resource Path Location Type
previous declaration of 'kill' was here standalone_bsp_0 line 176, external location: c:\xilinx\sdk\2019.1\gnu\aarch32\nt\gcc-arm-none-eabi\arm-none-eabi\libc\usr\include\sys\signal.h C/C++ Problem

And System.mss is  Failed to create the part's controls

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @nwp-100 

Thanks for the additional detail, definitively porting projects between versions is not a supported use case and specially if we talk about porting BSP code. The issue here is that the standalone BSP back in 2016.2 use to have the kill function defined in the code while in 2019.1 it is provided by the toolchain library. I would recommend you to just port/copy the applicatio project while the BSP is generated with 2019.1. Then you just need to tweak/modify the application code in order to make it usable.

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @nwp-100 

The error log is quite meaningfull, I mean, you ahve two definitions of kill, one within the standalone BSP sources and one within the toolchain. Could you provide more details on how to reproduce the issue? I mean, what kind of application did you create (C or C++), libraries selected....

Regards

Ibai
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I  use 2019.1 verion of Vivado and in that all thing working ok , but the project file is 2016.2 version and when i try to open with SDK it show me above errors.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @nwp-100 

Thanks for the additional detail, definitively porting projects between versions is not a supported use case and specially if we talk about porting BSP code. The issue here is that the standalone BSP back in 2016.2 use to have the kill function defined in the code while in 2019.1 it is provided by the toolchain library. I would recommend you to just port/copy the applicatio project while the BSP is generated with 2019.1. Then you just need to tweak/modify the application code in order to make it usable.

Regards

Ibai

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Can you tell me how to port code into 2019.1

0 Kudos