UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer rohith.ppt
Observer

Error in Importing Project and associated BSP v17.4 (FreeRTOS)

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Intro:

We have created a BareMetal ZynqMPSoC project on A53 core0. This Includes FreeRTOS and Interfaces like (LWIP TCP/IP, CAN, UART etc...)

We are able to successfully build, test the project with all necessary functionalities 

Problem:

When the same SDK project was given to my client, he is facing issues in building BSP as well as the project (after importing existing project into workspace)

Error on BSP:

aarch64-none-elf-ar: ../../../lib/C:\Program: Invalid argument

make [2]: *** [standalone_libs] Error 1

make [2]: Target `libs' could not be recreated due to an error. make [1]: *** [libs] Error 2

make: *** [psu_cortexa 53 _ 0 / libsrc / freertos 901 _ xilinx _ v 1 _ 1 / src / make.libs] Error 2

and there are hundreds of errors in the project.

we are not able to reproduce the issue at our end

we believe that this could be an issue with FreeRTOS and any system environment

Please help us in identifying the problem

PS: we both were using same Vivado version 17.4

and both were following exactly the same process in importing the project into workspace

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Error in Importing Project and associated BSP v17.4 (FreeRTOS)

Jump to solution

Hi @rohith.ppt

The recommended way to share projects is using the methods listed in the above link, nevertheless you can always go for project regeneration as you already pointed.

1. Hardware Project: This should be straightforward, they just need the same HDF file, no additional settings at all.

2. BSP: Based on the hardware project you can generate the same BSP on customer side just using your MSS file. If the customer copies your MSS on their side and re-generate the BSP then that should be equal to yours.

Regards

Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @rohith.ppt

It seems that there are some kind of Path issues iwhen importing the project... How are you exporting the projects to share with your client? Are you following the guidelines provided in the SDK Help documentation?

https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2018_2/SDK_Doc/SDK_tasks/sdk_o_export_project.html?hl=export

Regards

Ibai

Ibai
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer rohith.ppt
Observer

Jump to solution
Thanks @ibaie

Sorry to say that, I have not exported my project while sharing.
From the log files it lloks like after importing some freertos related file paths are not proper (they are related to my PC paths)

I can share if you would like see once

Can I solve this issues by
1. Regeneration of BSP
2. Re creation of the project ??

Thanks a lot
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @rohith.ppt

The recommended way to share projects is using the methods listed in the above link, nevertheless you can always go for project regeneration as you already pointed.

1. Hardware Project: This should be straightforward, they just need the same HDF file, no additional settings at all.

2. BSP: Based on the hardware project you can generate the same BSP on customer side just using your MSS file. If the customer copies your MSS on their side and re-generate the BSP then that should be equal to yours.

Regards

Ibai

Ibai
Observer rohith.ppt
Observer

Jump to solution
Thanks fir your suggestion @ibaie

From this time I shall follow the guidelines and make sure that, these issues won't araise
0 Kudos