cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quincy1858
Visitor
Visitor

Error no rule to make target `all`

So on a ARTY ARTIX 7 evaluationboard im trying to program a cortex m3 core and i have build and exported my hardware for the SDK. 

However upon opening SDK and trying to generate the board support package (BSP) files im getting the following error.

error.PNG

I cant seem to work out what this error entailes...
Im using vivado 2019.1 and heres my SDK log.
Could anyone tell me what step im missing here??

15:46:22 ERROR	: (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-1545] Problem running tcl command ::sw_standalone_v7_0::generate : ERROR: processor CORTEXM3_AXI is not supported
    while executing
"error "ERROR: processor $proctype is not supported""
    (procedure "::sw_standalone_v7_0::generate" line 344)
    invoked from within
"::sw_standalone_v7_0::generate standalone"

15:46:22 ERROR	: (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-1442] Error(s) while running TCL procedure generate()

15:46:22 ERROR	: (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-1450] Error: running generate_bsp.

15:46:22 ERROR	: Error generating bsp sources: Failed in generating sources
15:46:22 ERROR	: Failed to regenerate sources for BSP project standalone_bsp_0
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Internal error occurred while generating bsp sources. Please check the SDK Log view for further details.
	at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler.internalGenerateBsp(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:179)
	at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler.access$2(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:164)
	at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler$1$1.run(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:132)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2240)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2267)
	at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler$1.run(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:136)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @quincy1858 

I'm not really familiar with the Cortex M3 usage in Xilinx tools but the error message is clear, the standalone library does not support the CortexM3 processor.

::sw_standalone_v7_0::generate : ERROR: processor CORTEXM3_AXI is not supported

Are you sure that the Xilinx standalone library is the one that your processor should use? Does not ARM provide a BSP or driver for the processor?

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
quincy1858
Visitor
Visitor

After alot of headaches and google, It seemed the standalone version was the problem. 
the error pops up when selecting version 7.0 and not with 6.6 or 6.7

0 Kudos