UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant rayda8
Participant

Error: register expected

/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccEnVWHo.s:35: Error: register expected, but saw 'rfslXP'

Hello!

I find this error when i do build project

Error: register expected, but saw 'rfslXP'

Please can someone help me to solve this problem

Regard

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Error: register expected

Hi,

Please include the FSL drivers in $EDK_Install/sw/XilinxProcessorIPLib/drivers folder

Thnx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Participant rayda8
Participant

hello,

what do you meaning "FSL drivers"

Regards

0 Kudos
Advisor eilert
Advisor

Hi,

from the error message you got, hem_8030 could see that you have some microblaze design and that the FSL-Interfaces are used to controll some attached hardware. In order to do so you need the driver software, so your programs can access the interfaces correctly.

That's what I read from his answer.

If the situation is different, maybe you could give a little more detail than just a small error message.

Have a nice synthesis

Eilert

0 Kudos
Participant rayda8
Participant

Hi

Here is the message error  that I had

cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccrGq6Qh.s: Assembler messages:
/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccrGq6Qh.s:35: Error: register expected, but saw 'rfslXP'
/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccrGq6Qh.s:35: Warning: ignoring operands: rfslXPAR_FSL_FSL_LINK_FROM_DECODER_0_OUTPUT_SLOT_ID 

cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccrGq6Qh.s: Assembler messages:/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccrGq6Qh.s:35: Error: register expected, but saw 'rfslXP'/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccrGq6Qh.s:35: Warning: ignoring operands: rfslXPAR_FSL_FSL_LINK_FROM_DECODER_0_OUTPUT_SLOT_ID 

Please can you suggest me solution

Thank you

0 Kudos
Advisor eilert
Advisor

Hi,

as hem_8030 suggested:

include the FSL drivers to your project.

Please don't ask me how, I have no experience in programming with the EDK/SDK.

Have a nice synthesis

Eilert

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

hello,

Can you give me more details about  how to add FSL driver ? thanks a lot!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

hello,

Can you give me more details about how to add FSL driver ? thanks a lot!
0 Kudos

To add an FSL driver open your SDK project -> Click on Xilinx Tools -> Repositories -> Add the directory which contains your FSL driver (usually the same as your project directory itself) under Local Repositories. -> Click on Ok.

This should solve your problem.

0 Kudos