UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Error when creating first SDK project after installation of Vivado Webpack (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS)

Accepted Solution Solved
Observer
Accepted Solution

Error when creating first SDK project after installation of Vivado Webpack (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS)

Hi All,

I have just installed Vivado and SDK onto Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

I created a very simple hardware project in Vivado and now I am in SDK to write a very simple software program from the ARM microprocessor.

I have successfully done before what I need to do using Vivado and SDK on a Microsoft Windows 7 operation system. So the procedure is the same but using a different operation system.

In Ubuntu, SDK appears to launch okay after I send the hardware file to it.

I created a new application in SDK with the default settings and I used the Hello World template project. At this point 91 errors are reported in the Problems window. I have attached some of the problems to get an idea of what I mean:-

make[1]: *** [xiicps_selftest.o] Error 127
make[1]: *** [xiicps_sinit.o] Error 127
make[1]: *** [xiicps_slave.o] Error 127
make: *** [ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/iicps_v3_0/src/make.libs] Error 2
make[1]: *** [libs] Error 127
make: *** [ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/LED_flash_1Hz_B_v1_0/src/make.libs] Error 2
make[1]: *** [xqspips.o] Error 127
make[1]: *** [xqspips_g.o] Error 127
make[1]: *** [xqspips_hw.o] Error 127
make[1]: *** [xqspips_options.o] Error 127

--more--

make[1]: *** [xadcps_sinit.o] Error 127
make: *** [ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/xadcps_v2_2/src/make.libs] Error 2
make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
make[1]: arm-xilinx-eabi-gcc: Command not found
make[1]: *** [xcoresightpsdcc.o] Error 127
make[1]: Target `libs' not remade because of errors.
make: *** [ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/coresightps_dcc_v1_0/src/make.libs] Error 2
make[1]: *** [xdevcfg.o] Error 127
make[1]: *** [xdevcfg_g.o] Error 127
make[1]: *** [xdevcfg_hw.o] Error 127
make[1]: *** [xdevcfg_intr.o] Error 127
make[1]: *** [xdevcfg_selftest.o] Error 127
make[1]: *** [xdevcfg_sinit.o] Error 127
make: *** [ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/devcfg_v3_3/src/make.libs] Error 2
make[1]: *** [xdmaps.o] Error 127
make[1]: *** [xdmaps_g.o] Error 127
make[1]: *** [xdmaps_hw.o] Error 127
make[1]: *** [xdmaps_selftest.o] Error 127

When using the Windows version I did not have this problem.

I tried the following but it did not seem to work

"I think the environment variable is not set properly

Open a terminal in Ubuntu and cd to SDK install directory. Source the settings64.(c)sh based on your shell. This should set the environment variable for SDK.

Launch the SDK workspace and check if the issue persists."

Would some one be able to point me in the right direction to resolve this problem.

Thanks very much,

Lincoln

Accepted Solutions
Observer

Re: Error when creating first SDK project after installation of Vivado Webpack (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS)

The following command seemed to solve the problem:-

sudo apt-get install libselinux1:i386

Not sure what it did but the errors do not occur when I create a new SDK application.

Thanks,

Lincoln

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Error when creating first SDK project after installation of Vivado Webpack (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS)

Ubuntu machine ( unsupported OS) for Petalinux 2014.2. An issue was identified when running Petalinux 2014.2 on Ubuntu machines.

It was confirmed that it is a conflict due to the host OS -- Ubuntu (or any similar Linux OS).  Ubuntu uses dpkg as its package manager and so does PetaLinux.  There is a conflict between the version of dpkg being supplied with (and used by) PetaLinux and the one provided in the host Ubuntu system.
To work around the issue,​ make sure you pre-pend the full path to the Petalinux version of dpkg.

export PATH=/​/​2014.2/​tools/​packagemanager/​bin/​dpkg:$PATH

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
Observer

Hi Balkrishan,

Thanks very much for the reply.

At this point I have not tried to run / install / use Petalinux 2014.2 (unless it is apart of the SDK). All I have tried to do is launch SDK via Vivado and create a "Hello World program" (i.e. the most simpliest C program).

If the work around you suggested will fix the problem where do I run / add / execute / change / modify / include / pre-pend :-

export PATH=/​/​2014.2/​tools/​packagemanager/​bin/​dpkg:$PATH

If you could please give a little more idea about how to "pre pend" the above instruction that would be very appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Lincoln

Observer

I still am not able to resolve this problem.

Observer

The following command seemed to solve the problem:-

sudo apt-get install libselinux1:i386

Not sure what it did but the errors do not occur when I create a new SDK application.

Thanks,

Lincoln

Visitor

This worked for me: on a 64bit system the 32 bit libs are missing. I installed them with:

sudo apt-get install lib32stdc++6

Visitor

zlib1g may need to have a :i386 suffix to the package name for the package manager correctly identify it

try using it worked for me:

sudo apt-get install zlib1g:i386