Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wavemasta
Visitor
Visitor

Error when generating simulation HDL files

Hi:

When I try to generate simulation files from EDK, I get the following errors:

ERROR:MDT - Ucf2Vhdl Conversion Generated Errors.

ERROR:MDT - Error creating memory initialization files

make: *** [simulation/behavioral/system.do] Error 1

Done!

The attachment shows the full output from EDK.

Pls can anyone help?

Regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dorau
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

I do not see any Ucf2Vhdl conversation problems using data2mem, but please

- try out calling data2mem separately in a command shell (bash) with the parameter

reported by edkerror.txt:

data2mem -bm system_sim.bmm  -bd
/users/ce/u0/adebusoye/Desktop/APU_3_instr_1/APU_3_instr/TestApp_Memory/executab
le.elf tag ppc405_0 -u -o u tmpucf.ucf

Maybe the messages of data2mem are more informative than using EDK sim flow!

- Any dos2unix/unix2dos conversation issues!!!! These issues have been occcurred when

I got a project generated under WinXP then continued under Linux or vice vers.

Best regards,

Kai

0 Kudos
hsjaradat

I have been struggeling with the same issue for a couple of weeks now, you have two options:

the first one is to ignore BRAM and replace it with FLASH ofcourse if you depend on BRAM then cant do that.

the second which will solve this problem and many others that you are probably going to face, go to your Xilinx folder (Installation path) search for all DLLs in that folder and subfolders, and copy all the C++ runtime libraries to c:\windows\system32, to make it easier when you get the search results copy every DLL that starts with MS to the specified folder.

Apperentlyy there is something wrong with the registration of C/C++ runtime libraries, i hope the people at Xilinx pay attention to that.

0 Kudos
htsvn
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

The reason for this was because of a "." in the EDK Install path. For example /proj/xbuilds/EDK_8.2/...

Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos