Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jovliegen
Contributor
Contributor

Exporting a SDK software project into a bitstream

Jump to solution

Hi,

After some reading on the internet and reading the Xilinx documents, I succeeded in using SDK

I nicely made a design in EDK, exported it to SDK, made a project (a simple one) and debugged it.

Now, with everything ready, I want to export the bitstream. I can't seem to find a way to do so in SDK.

Is SDK only meant for developing and debugging the software ?

Is there no possibility of tattling the bitstream with a software project from SDK ?

kr

jo

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vsiva
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I assume what you want is to initialize your ELF in the BRAM. SDK does not provide an explicit menu item to just initialize the bitstream. What you can do is press 'Configure FPGA' from the menu. IT will initialize the BRAM contents with your ELF file and then try to program the FPGA. The download.bit file that is generated during this process is what you need. Look for it in your h/w platform project folder.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vsiva
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I assume what you want is to initialize your ELF in the BRAM. SDK does not provide an explicit menu item to just initialize the bitstream. What you can do is press 'Configure FPGA' from the menu. IT will initialize the BRAM contents with your ELF file and then try to program the FPGA. The download.bit file that is generated during this process is what you need. Look for it in your h/w platform project folder.

View solution in original post

jovliegen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

That will do the trick :)

also:

I was at a Xilinx training the last two days and also asked the instructor for this.

He said that when software development is finished, I could just make a new

'ELF-file only' software project in EDK and use that to have the tools 'data2mem'-copy

it into the bitstream.

0 Kudos