UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Exporting design to SDK - IP block .hwh files are empty

Hi,

I have a problem concerning exporting my design to SDK (using Vivado 2018.1 and SDK 2018.1) I generate the bitstream then export the hardware, including the bitstream. Then after that is done, I launch SDK where the SDK Log says:

13:10:56 ERROR : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-2019] vector_bram_7b.hwh file is empty

13:10:56 ERROR : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-1537] Parsing of file vector_bram_7b.hwh failed

13:10:56 ERROR : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-2019] vector_bram_7b.hwh file is empty

13:10:56 ERROR : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-1537] Parsing of file vector_bram_7b.hwh failed

13:10:56 ERROR : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-2019] fi
13:10:56 ERROR : (XSDB Server)fo_generator_1.hwh file is empty
ERROR: [Hsi 55-1537] Parsing of fi
13:10:56 ERROR : (XSDB Server)le fifo_
13:10:56 ERROR : (XSDB Server)generator_1.hwh fa
13:10:56 ERROR : (XSDB Server)iled

13:10:56 ERROR : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-2019] fifo_generator_1.hwh file is empty

13:10:56 ERROR : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-1537] Parsing of file fifo_generator_1.hwh failed

13:10:56 ERROR : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-2019] fifo_generator_1.hwh file is empty

13:10:56 ERROR : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-1537] Parsing of file fifo_generator_1.hwh failed

More errors follow regarding empty IPs, all saying essentially the same thing.

I am wondering if there is anything wrong with my process - I generated output products for each IP block in the design, and then generated bitstream and exported to SDK.

For reference, I found this thread, where another user has exactly the same issue: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/Vivado-problem-in-exporting-hardware-to-SDK/td-p/858244

Apparently downgrading to an older version of Vivado works, but I was wondering if there was a fix for 2018.1 or if there is another reason this is happening.

Which has the same problem. It was unsolved so I opened a new thread. 

Thanks for your time,

Aaron

--- Estimated Development time: 2*Pi*(planned completion date) ---
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: Exporting design to SDK - IP block .hwh files are empty

Are you using multiple BD in your design?

can you post your HDF please?

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @stephenm,

Apologies for late reply - I think we are probably on opposite sides of the globe...

Yes, there are multiple BDs in my design. I attempted to attach the .hdf and got the message: 

"The attachment's design_1_wrapper.hdf content type (application/x-hdf) does not match its file extension and has been removed"

Tried with a less recent version and got the same thing. Is it possible I am generating the wrong types of files?

Best Regards,

Aaron

0 Kudos

can you right click on the BDs (that don't contain the processor), and select disable file. Then reset output products, generate output products, and re-export to SDK?

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

@stephenm Doing that allowed SDK to launch properly with no errors.

So it appears one of my many BD's is causing some strangeness to happen. These BDs are mostly BRAM implementations that are critical to the PL part of my design - how do you advise I proceed with adding them all back into the design without SDK errors?

0 Kudos

OK, great. You can disable them, and export to SDK to create the HDF. Then just enabled them again to proceed with implementation.

In the mean time, ill see if this is a known issue with development here in Xilinx

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

@stephenm Thanks, will do

0 Kudos