UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

FGPA configuration encountered errors

When trying to program the FPGA from within SDK I get the following error about half way to completion.

Program FPGA failed

Reason:

FPGA configuration encountered errors.

I'm able to program the FPGA in EDK and then I can debug in SDK.  Does anyone know what the problem is?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Re: FGPA configuration encountered errors

Hey heedaf

I used to face similar problems on my SP601 board. So i do the following every time :

1) Turn off the device and turn it on again and try to program it. Works 99% of the time.

2) Since my SP601 has 2 usb cables ( one for the JTAG and one for the USB UART ) interchanging the cables and connecting it to the comp helps some times .

3) Check the jumber settings. For me there is an option to include the FMC JTAG on the SP601. So unless u are using an extention board with an FPGA chip on it u should not include the FMC JTAG in the JTAG chain .

usually i didnt have to go beyond these steps to solve my problem. Hope it helps

Regards

Arvind

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Since I'm able to load the FPGA via EDK I think there something going on with SDK.  It was working before the upgrade to 13.4 without any problems.  I've tried powering off and resetting without any luck.  Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Visitor jwallner
Visitor

I'm having similar trouble.  Using SDK 13.4, I get this error after I kill SDK and then restart it.  I can sometimes get it to start working again by power-cycling my ML605, but sometimes I have to shut everything down and reboot my computer to get it working again.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Also make sure to restart SDK.

Make sure that you load the right bit file, sometimes it will point to an old bit file from a previous project or even to an outdated bit file from the same project.

Assaf

0 Kudos
Visitor cherno
Visitor

I just encountered this same error with SDK 13.3. This is my first time using the software, and I'm working through the software tutorial.

Wow. Restarting my computer what the only thing that would resolve it. This can't be acceptable, can it?

Anyone have an idea what causes this, to make sure NOT to do it?

0 Kudos