UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie asalmeda

FSL problems

Hello,

I try to communicate the MB with a  HW design based on an Floating Point Operators IPs' hierarchy using de FSL but it doesn't work. I have managed to establish communication in diverse examples in which I do not use IPs. Can someone help me? Does FSL work with IPs? 

Thanks everyone! 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: FSL problems

Hi,

FSL works with anything that comply with the protocol.
MicroBlaze don't know with what it communicates to, it can be an IP or another MicroBlaze or PPC using FSL,....

Göran Bilski
0 Kudos

Hi,
I have realized several design using the FSL ports and it works fine. Have you use the "create or import Peripheral..." GUI of EDK to instantiate your custom IP? Did you check with modelsim simulation to see the signals or not? In this case, take care of the C program executed by the Microblaze, some instructions could take a lot of time in simulation (xil_printf for example...)
Best regards
Julien Delorme
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

asalmeda,

The following are good FSL resources that may be of help to understanding its usage:
http://www.xilinx.com/bvdocs/appnotes/xapp529.pdf (Connecting Customized IP to the MicroBlaze Soft Processor Using the Fast Simplex Link (FSL) Channel)
http://www.xilinx.com/publications/magazines/emb_03/xc_pdf/p38-41_3emb-impgreen.pdf (Accelerating FFTs in Hardware Using a MicroBlaze Processor)
Assuming EDK 9.1i and the default installation path
C:\EDK91\hw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\pcores\fsl_v20_v2_10_a\doc\fsl_v20.pdf
C:\EDK91\hw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\pcores\microblaze_v6_00_b\doc\microblaze.pdf

Cheers,
bt.
0 Kudos
Newbie asalmeda

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos