Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Flash boot loader: Problems to create .srec file

Hello,

Im working with LX9 board of Avnet and ISE 13.2. After create a bitstream with microblaze, SPI_FLASH and some peripheral im not able to create .srec file to boot my program from external flash.

From Board Support Package I added xilisf (Xilinx In-system and Serial Flash Library) and I created a srec_bootloader application. But the problem is that when I try from "Xilinx Tools->Program Flash" generate the .srec file I got the next message "No usable flash memory controllers were found in the hardware system." and I cant do nothing.

I tried also using the Launch Script and after go to the .elf file location in Debug folder to type "mb-objcopy –O srec srec.bootloader.elf srec_bootloader.srec". But i got the next message "mb-objcopy: supported targets: elf32-microblaze elf32-microblazele elf32-little elf32-big srec symbolsrec tekhex binary ihex child process exited abnormally"

Any suggestions?

Regards,

MagicPhoton

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

SDK Flashwriter utility supports BPI flash support only. To program the SPI flash you need to use mb-objcopy to create a srec file. Refer to the procedure mentioned here in the xapp.

Also there is a forum post that can help.

Refer to the latest XAPP version for the newer tool

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

I'm working in project and i'd like to program the flash memory of my board card virtex 5 using SDK. I already try to program it in SDk by going to the xilinx tool -> program flash and put as input my elf file and conver it into srec file but nothing happen. I've looked around and i found that there are specific explanation for older version of EDK and there was a way to generate a boot load project but in the EDK 14.6 does not have all these options.

So can you help me by saying the differents step to do in order to program the flash memory of the virtex 5 in SDK?

thank you for your help!

0 Kudos