Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

From EDK 10.1SP3 to 12.1: Temac and lwip doesn't work

Hi

I've worked with EDK 10.1 SP3 for the last half year and after a lot of trouble I got the temac and lwip running well some month ago. But now I have to migrate my software to the EDK 12.1 so I build up a new design with xps_ll_temac (+ dma + timer + interrupt enable) and tried to get it work but it doesn't also I made right the same config as under 10.1 SP3. So unfortunately it seems there were made many changes but I don't have a clue what kind and were I can find some documentation. Can someone please tell me, what do I have to do to get temac and lwip work as under 10.1SP3? I get so frustrated because of that.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

There are a list of Lwip based examples available at http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/36054.htm

You can take them as reference.

Thnx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

I already tried to get this examples worke some days before but I get many errors and warnings. I will post the messages tomorrow, when I'm in the office again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Today I installed the edk 12.2 where I can create a new lwip echo project in the sdk by default. I've chosen this but even this won't work. So there must be something very basic going wrong. I started debugging the code a it hangs in the "xemac_add()" exact in the switch-case structure where the mac will be chosen. Does someone know what's going wrong and how to fix this problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Did you assign a meaningful address for TEMAC? Because version 12.2 still has a bug with that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Do you mean the address in the address map? I've read something about problems if the base address is in the area of 0xF.... I've already changed it to something about 0x8....but it hadn't any effect.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi, yes, I meant the address map.

The problem has been already described in the following thread.

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/EDK-and-Platform-Studio/Problem-with-Hard-Ethernet-MAC-and-lwIP-hanging-in-XLlTemac/m-p/59371

I can reproduce the same problem in 12.2 if I set the TEMAC address to 0xFFF00000 (as it is set by default). Then SW gets stuck at xemac_add() and few layers lower in XLlTemac_Reset() and Xil_Assert()

The same project works OK after regenerating  the address map and compiling HW and SW.

Did you update Hardware Platform Specification and download new FPGA bitmap after regenerating the address map?

0 Kudos