Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barrygmoss
Contributor
Contributor

Fsbl won't compile -- seems to be missing files from hw_platform

Jump to solution

I'm using SDK 2016.4 and trying to make some minor modifications to an old design. However, I keep getting a fatal error thatduring the fsbl compilation that SDK can't find the ps7_init.h file, despite it being visible in the project explorer. Any suggestions how to fix this up? I've tried going back to earlier archived versions of the design, re-exporting the hw definition from Vivado, and nothing I do seems to help. 

Missing_ps7_init.png

SDK_project_explorer.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
barrygmoss
Contributor
Contributor

I finally went on a hunt through the sdk directory of the project. In the fsbl folder, I found that the .project and .cproject files were referencing an obsolete hw_platform that no longer existed. I manually edited the files to the new hw_platform--now the design will compile and everything seems to be working. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sadanan
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

ps7_init* files are in hw project, and fsbl will have soft links to those files. In your case, it looks like these files have not been linked properly. You can manually create soft links in the fsbl project like this.

Right-click on fsbl/src and select Import

Select General => File system

Browse to the HW project directory where you have ps7_init files and select them

Expand Advanced, and enable the option 'create links in the workspace', and Finish

0 Kudos
stephenm

Can you right click on the BSP in Project explorer view in SDK, and select properties. Then under Project References, make sure that the hw_platform is selected

0 Kudos
barrygmoss
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions, but sadly this didn't work. I followed your instructions. The fsbl src directory now lists all the files from the hw_platform, including the ps7_init.h file (see below), but the design will still not compile even after cleaning the design and performing build all. The error messages are identical to what I showed earlier. 

SDK_project_explorer2.png

I should note that when I went back to a much earlier version of this project that would compile, the hw_platform files were not all listed until the fsbl. I'm also concerned that with this approach, if I need to update the hw definitions at some point, it may not correctly reference the new definitions because of the local links/copies.

0 Kudos
barrygmoss
Contributor
Contributor

I finally went on a hunt through the sdk directory of the project. In the fsbl folder, I found that the .project and .cproject files were referencing an obsolete hw_platform that no longer existed. I manually edited the files to the new hw_platform--now the design will compile and everything seems to be working. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
snehachand007
Visitor
Visitor

0 Kudos
snehachand007
Visitor
Visitor

now it asks for ff.h file missing in fsbl src

0 Kudos