UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor p0o9i8
Visitor

Re: GDB GUI (Insight) *very* slow under Xilinx 10.1 suite

Jump to solution

try changing the usb port you connect the jtag cable to on your pc. worked fine for me after hours of frustration and after trying all the patches and tips on this discussion.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

rehnmaak,

I know I'm way behind the times here, but could you possible re-post your files?

Thanks,

Thomas

0 Kudos
Visitor rehnmaak
Visitor

Jump to solution

What os are you using? And which processor? I only have a patched gdb for nt and the microblaze.

Anyway, the speed enhancements are only for stepping through code and what it does basically is caching a larger chunk of local and global (watches and locals) variable memory each time it try to access a variable.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm using EDK 10.1 on Windows with a PowerPC 405 on a Virtex II-Pro and Virtex IV. Better stepping performance is definately what I'm interested in, so I'm looking for the following file:

ppc-nt-gdb-6.5.0-lightning-speed-090630.zip

Thomas

0 Kudos