Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fpgastudent
Observer
Observer

GPU application

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to develop a graphics application on the Zynq Ultrascale Soc zcu102 board.

I was successful running the “tricube” example referenced on the Xilinx tutorials, this was done by inserting a SD card with the provided (already complied) application file.

First of all, I’m trying to understand if it’s possible to use PetaLinux tools on windows with the Xilinx SDK? We are used to developing our programs on windows.

Now I’m trying to write my own application. I performed the following steps:

1. On windows, using Xilinx SDK I’ve created a linux project for the A53.
  2. Imported the “tricube” example files and tried to compile it.

The SDK couldn’t find OpenGL libraries like  GLES2/gl2.h, EGL/egl.h header files.

Am I missing something?

I would really appreciate some assistance with this problem.

Thanks and best Regards,

Ziv

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @fpgastudent

You cannot use Petalinux tools per se in Windows, it is only supported for Linux host machines. That means that the Petalinux project by itself and the Linux image build process needs to be run on a Linux PC.

However the windows host machine can be used for the application development process making use of any library built on the Linux side. Ideally you should build the Petalinux project on a network drive so you can direct access from windows avoiding copy/paster operations.

Finally the application development in Windows is failing because the OpenGL libraries are not provided by the SDK installation. You need to compile the libraries in your Petalinux project and afterwards use the sysroot path on the SDK application wizard so the application can find the headers.

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @fpgastudent

You cannot use Petalinux tools per se in Windows, it is only supported for Linux host machines. That means that the Petalinux project by itself and the Linux image build process needs to be run on a Linux PC.

However the windows host machine can be used for the application development process making use of any library built on the Linux side. Ideally you should build the Petalinux project on a network drive so you can direct access from windows avoiding copy/paster operations.

Finally the application development in Windows is failing because the OpenGL libraries are not provided by the SDK installation. You need to compile the libraries in your Petalinux project and afterwards use the sysroot path on the SDK application wizard so the application can find the headers.

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
fpgastudent
Observer
Observer
Thanks a lot!
0 Kudos