UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Generate Device tree using 2014.3

Hi 

I am using SDK 2014.3 and trying to generate the device tree using this post  http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Build+Device+Tree+Blob. 

Hardware design was generated using the Vivado 2014.2 and since then I upgraded it to 2014.3. 

This is fairly easy and simple guide to follow. But when I'm trying to build it, I am getting follwing error.

ERROR : [Hsi 55-1457] File C:\zc706\device_tree_bsp_0\system.mss doesn't exist on disk
[Hsi 55-1535] Parsing MSS file C:\zc706\device_tree_bsp_0\system.mss failed

I don't understand why this error occurs.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Generate Device tree using 2014.3

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution for this?

I'm using Vivado 2014.4 on Win7-64, and am unable to launch the SDK. The SDK is still looking for the old XML file. I know the .hwdef and .sysdef are archives containg an XML file, but that doesn't work.

I'm getting the same error messages that you reported, that is:

The following errors were found parsing W:\EFA0130\StandaloneBSP\system.mss
  ERROR: [Hsi 55-1457] File W:\EFA0130\StandaloneBSP\system.mss doesn't exist on disk
  ERROR: [Hsi 55-1535] Parsing MSS file W:\EFA0130\StandaloneBSP\system.mss failed

How did you resolve that?

Thanks for helping!

Claude

0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

OK. The problem is because my Microblaze IP Integrator block design is set as an Out-Of-Context (OOC) module. I did that to reduce synthesis time but Vivado doesn't like it.

Setting the block design as a standard module (NOT OOC) resolves the problem.

Claude

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi claude,

since the issue is resolved, can you mark this post as accepeted solution? this might be useful for other users too.

--hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Hi Hem,

Sorry, I can't. I'm not the initiator of the thread.

Cheers,

Claude

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

1. The Device Tree Generator Git repository needs to be cloned from the Xilinx. See the Fetch Sources page for more information on Git.
    # Otherwise for SDK 2014.2 use this repo:
    git clone git://github.com/Xilinx/device-tree-xlnx.git
  2. Add the BSP repository in SDK (for SDK 2014.2 and later select "device-tree-xlnx" from the checked out git area):
    SDK Menu: Xilinx Tools > Repositories > New... (<bsp repo>) > OK
  3. Create a Device Tree Board Support Package (BSP):
    SDK Menu: File > New > Board Support Package > Board Support Package OS: device-tree > Finish
  4. A BSP settings window will appear. This window can also be accessed by opening the Device Tree BSP's system.mss file and clicking 'Modify this BSP's Settings'. Fill in the values as appropriate:
    • The 'bootargs' parameter specifies the arguments passed to the kernel at boot time (kernel command line). ***
    • The 'console device' parameter specifies which serial output device will be used. Select a value from the drop-down.

The .dts/.dtsi files are now located in <SDK workspace>/device_tree_bsp_0/ folder.

*** e.g. console=<tty>,<baudrate> root=/dev/ram rw ip=:::::eth0:dhcp earlyprintk
*** Some example values for <tty> are ttyPS0 when using Zynq, ttyUL0 when using the UART Lite soft ip, or ttyS0 when using the UART16550 soft ip.

in

http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Build+Device+Tree+Blob

0 Kudos