UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer edg10
Observer

Generate Linker Script command missing

The Generate Linker Script command is missing when I right click on an application project in Project Explorer view. I'm using SDK 2015.4. I found mention of this issue in https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/Generation-of-Linker-Script/m-p/138256/highlight/true#M18581 but no resolution.

There is a link to Xilinx AR43610 that addresses this but all it suggests is opening the Project Explorer perspective first, which I believe I have. I loaded the Project Explorer view (Window->Show View->Project Explorer) but there isn't a Project Explorer Perspective listed in Window->Open Perspective->Other... Should there be? Is mine lost somehow?

If I select an application project in Project Explorer and try to run Xilinx Tools->Generate Linker Script, I get an error saying No Application Selected. I have some other application projects in the same view and the Generate Linker Script command is available and works with either the Xilinx Tools menu or right click shortcut. I reviewed all the project settings and can't find anything different between the projects.

Also, the Change Referenced BSP right-click command doesn't do anything on the problem projects but works fine on the other projects.

Does anyone know what might be going on or have a resolution for this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar stephenm
Scholar

Re: Generate Linker Script command missing

You can open the sdk shell from gui, navigate the the application and make clean, make all

Can you try this, to see if the elf is generated.
0 Kudos
Observer edg10
Observer

Re: Generate Linker Script command missing

I can actually generate the elf file OK, it's access to the right-click shortcut and Xilinx Tools->Generate Linker Script command that isn't available or working on some of the projects in my build environment.

I was having problems with a linker script that was generated outside the SDK environment so I wanted to use the SDK tools to generate a new linker script to compare with.

0 Kudos