Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Generate Simulation HDL Files

Hello!

Im trying to generate the simulation HDL files for a project with EDK 10.1. First, I have tried to compile the simulation libraries using the GUI, but I ended up with many errors in the compilation :( when i try to generate the simulation HDL files i get the following error.. How can i fix this problem?

thx in advance

Faraj

ERROR:MDT - Unable to locate the precompiled library microblaze_v7_10_d. The
   file
   C:\Xilinx\10.1\EDK\hw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\pcores\microblaze_v7_10_d\hdl\vhdl
   \microblaze_types_pkg.vhd is distributed by Xilinx encrypted and will not be
   read by any simulator. Please use compedklib to setup the EDK precompiled
   libraries and provide the path to them using the -E switch.
ERROR:MDT - Error while creating simulator compile script
make: *** [simulation/behavioral/system_setup.do] Error 1
Done!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

From XPS go Simulation -> Compile Simulation Libraries...

When it asks you for a path do not use anything like c:\documents and settings\administrator, or any paths with a dot in it.

My Paths are:

Directory for compiled libraries: C:\simlib\EDK10_1_03_mti_se_nt\ISE_Lib\ Install SmartModesl: C:\XILINX_10_1\ISE\smartmodel\nt\installed_nt

Run the tool and make sure you don't have too many errors.  Some errors should be ok (I Think).

Next step is to make sure your XPS project is fully working and compiles without a problem, you can generate your bit-stream if you want to test this.

Next create a software application project in XPS, and make sure mark to initialize block rams is set on.

Create a linker script with your application to reside inside block ram.

Make the application small for now.  Just an int main() willl do.

From XPS go Simulation -> Generate Simulation HDL files

From XPS go Simulation -> Launch HDL Simulator

You will be given some options with the default scripts that EDK makes.  If you don't have a good understanding of modelsim then let the tools do the work.

In ModelSim make sure the script is loaded correctly (this is automatic) and then enter:

C <enter>

and then M <enter>

open your \xps_project\simulation\behaviour\modelsim.ini file and scroll down towards the bottom and uncomment the switflib=..  for your operating system.

then S <enter>

then W <enter>

then clk <enter> to set up the clock

then rst <enter> to run.

Or you can run for an additional time by typing run 100 us <enter>

I know its a-lot but hope it helps.

Lachlan.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

I have excactly the same problem. The steps Lachlan describes dosn't help. I use ModelSim PE 6.5 but the Compile Simulation Libraries Wizard says "Only specific versions of the simulators are supported. Please verify that the selected simulator version satisfies the following requirements: ModelSim SE/PE 6.3c "

How can I update my XPS to compile the libaries for Modelsim 6.5?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You can't perform the simulations with a lower version of ModelSIM, and I don't think you can do it with with Xilinx Version of ModelSIM.

I think there are answer records that describe this too.

Regards

Lachlan.

0 Kudos