UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer shirley_yang
Observer

HELP!!! load mfs file into flash? and how to link .a file to ELF?

Hi, Everyone,

I am using a small bootloader to boot a webserver application from bpi
flash.  The trouble is I don't know how to load the MFS file directly into
bpi flash.  

I have searched for this problem several days and cant find anything useful for it...

Is there a way to program the MFS file directly into bpi flash?

I tried to use impact tool to store mfs file as a data file in BPI flash. It seems worked.  I can read something there with XMD commands. However, data looks different from the one when i downloaded them into DDR3. And the webserver is still failed. It cant find MFS file yet...

I'm a little confused now, if could i actually let the webserver just read the mfs file from flash? Or must i export the mfs file to ddr? Perhaps that means, i need multiboot system and another bootloader application for mfs file? r

Another possible solution i've found is to associate a binary image file (libimage.a) with ELF file, so i dont need to dowload the mfs file any more.

The idea is from UG913 for KC705.

"The binary image of the MFS library is part of soure file and linked to the ELF".

i used to add the library memfs into the project in SDK to get the linked ELF. However it doen't work.

Is any good ideas to solve these problems?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar stephenm
Scholar

Re: HELP!!! load mfs file into flash? and how to link .a file to ELF?

If you just want to test quickly, you can download the mfs via XSDB/xmd using the dow command (dow -data image.mfs <address>). Once the address here matches what you specified in the library settings for the xilmfs in the bsp this will work. See xapp1026 for more help here.

You can also use the write_cfgmem command in Vivado. For example, 

write_cfgmem -format MCS -size 128 -interface BPIx16 -loaddata "up 0x<address> image.mfs" -loadbit "up 0x0 download.bit" boot

Where address would match the address given in the xilmfs in the bsp. I have added the bit file here too. See write_cfgmem -help for more info here

0 Kudos
Observer shirley_yang
Observer

Hi, Stephenm,

Thanks for your reply!

I have used to try the xmd command to download mfs file to specified address. However it does not work. i cant read the correct value from the the address. It is same with wirte_cfgmen command in vivado....

0 Kudos
Scholar stephenm
Scholar

If you did a xmd write and then read the same address back in or recall then you most likely have issues with your memory.

Just to clarify, when using XMD you placed the image into DDR?

0 Kudos
Observer shirley_yang
Observer

en.. that xmd command only works with DDR on my board.

It does not work with flash.

0 Kudos