UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor williams.a
Visitor

HSI/HSM: Saving MSS changes

Hi all,

In SDK 2014.4, is there a Tcl command to save changes to the MSS in XSDK batch mode (hsi/hsm)?

I am trying to change the driver assigned to a core, and I can open the sw_design, add my repo, and assign the new driver via the NAME property on a driver object, but I can't figure out how to save the changes back to system.mss. Neither hsi::generate_target nor hsi::close_sw_design do the trick.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar stephenm
Scholar

Re: HSI/HSM: Saving MSS changes

This should be possible with the flow similar to below:

open_hw_design design.hdf (or design.xml)
set sw_design_1 [create_sw_design sw_1 -proc ps7_cortexa9_0 -os standalone]
add_library xilffs
add_library xilskey
generate_bsp -sw $sw_design_1 -dir xilinx_bsp –compile

0 Kudos
Visitor williams.a
Visitor

Re: HSI/HSM: Saving MSS changes

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, that does not have the intended effect. system.mss is not an output file of the generate_bsp command. generate_bsp (like generate_target) outputs the files that would be generated from system.mss.

More generally, I would like to be able to save the output from a batch script to the project files (so the GUI can reflect the results of that run). It seems like the Tcl and Eclipse paths don't really work together. Changes to user repo paths or object properties do not persist across sessions, either.

0 Kudos