UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Help -- Not able to view program Output on the SDK Console.

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I am trying out EDK/SDK for the first time after checking some tutorials. I build a default microblaze project on ML605 using XPS/ SDK 13.3 

Then, export the bitsteram to SDK, and create a Helloworld C project and program the FPGA with download.bit created by the SDK ( I think now the bitstream has the required HW and SW part for running SW programs, according to the tutorial).  

But when i execute the project file on the HW, i do not see any output on the Console. Initially i used to get

Process STDIO not connected to console.If you'd like to see UART output in this console, please modify STDIO settings in the Run/Debug configuration.

Later I Rightclick current project --> properties -->  Run/Debug Settings and create a new property . Under STDIO Connections ---> Check STDIO to console and select correct baud rate and click OK

(However, the check box "connect process input & output to a terminal" on the main tab, remains greyed out) 

But still i dont see any output on the Console window on the SDK when i execute the program. Could someone tell me what am I missing here ?

Thank you,

Venkat. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Help -- Not able to view program Output on the SDK Console.

Jump to solution

try to see the out put in hyperterminal of ur pc via rs232 port.otherwise u can take help of this

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx12_1/SDK_Doc/tasks/sdk_t_program_io.htm

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

try to see the out put in hyperterminal of ur pc via rs232 port.otherwise u can take help of this

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx12_1/SDK_Doc/tasks/sdk_t_program_io.htm

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Visitor annu_shah
Visitor

Jump to solution

i am unable to find this option connect process input & output to a terminal in my sdk the version is 2014.3

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Annu_shah

This is an old post referring to an older version of SDK. Since you are using 2014.3, you have to set this option by referring to the following snapshot.

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
Newbie lasur2

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a Technical Refernce Design - Ethernet packet Redirection on a ZC702 board .

I am using ISE 14.6 instead of 14.5 as suggested by the TRD set up instructions.

I am getting one of the following errors:

Error 1

Process STDIO not connected to console.
If you'd like to see UART output in this console, please modify STDIO settings in the Run/Debug configuration.

Error 2

Blank on the console of SDK

Error 3

If I use JTAG UART

Error opening JTAG UART @ localhost:-1

I have read all the posts and tried everything I could . This is a refernce design and expected it to work.

Any pointers on what needs to be fixed ??

Thank you ,

lasur

0 Kudos
Visitor Mouna_zribi
Visitor

Jump to solution

this is also the errors that I got. Can any one help us please :)

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

hi,

can you use a hyperterminal from Windows/putty to direct the stdin/stdout?

--hs

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Newbie lasur2

Jump to solution

Hi Mouna_zribi,

I tried what htsvn suggested but didn't work for me . As stated in my post, i was working towards a Xilinx TRD work on my board. The ISE versions and the design files were not compatible.

I finally got updated design files and moved to vivado flow and the design started working.

Please analyze the root cause if what htsvn suggested doesn't work.

Thank you,

0 Kudos