cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Help -- Not able to view program Output on the SDK Console.

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I am trying out EDK/SDK for the first time after checking some tutorials. I build a default microblaze project on ML605 using XPS/ SDK 13.3 

Then, export the bitsteram to SDK, and create a Helloworld C project and program the FPGA with download.bit created by the SDK ( I think now the bitstream has the required HW and SW part for running SW programs, according to the tutorial).  

But when i execute the project file on the HW, i do not see any output on the Console. Initially i used to get

Process STDIO not connected to console.If you'd like to see UART output in this console, please modify STDIO settings in the Run/Debug configuration.

Later I Rightclick current project --> properties -->  Run/Debug Settings and create a new property . Under STDIO Connections ---> Check STDIO to console and select correct baud rate and click OK

(However, the check box "connect process input & output to a terminal" on the main tab, remains greyed out) 

But still i dont see any output on the Console window on the SDK when i execute the program. Could someone tell me what am I missing here ?

Thank you,

Venkat. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

try to see the out put in hyperterminal of ur pc via rs232 port.otherwise u can take help of this

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx12_1/SDK_Doc/tasks/sdk_t_program_io.htm

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

try to see the out put in hyperterminal of ur pc via rs232 port.otherwise u can take help of this

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx12_1/SDK_Doc/tasks/sdk_t_program_io.htm

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

i am unable to find this option connect process input & output to a terminal in my sdk the version is 2014.3

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Annu_shah

This is an old post referring to an older version of SDK. Since you are using 2014.3, you have to set this option by referring to the following snapshot.

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a Technical Refernce Design - Ethernet packet Redirection on a ZC702 board .

I am using ISE 14.6 instead of 14.5 as suggested by the TRD set up instructions.

I am getting one of the following errors:

Error 1

Process STDIO not connected to console.
If you'd like to see UART output in this console, please modify STDIO settings in the Run/Debug configuration.

Error 2

Blank on the console of SDK

Error 3

If I use JTAG UART

Error opening JTAG UART @ localhost:-1

I have read all the posts and tried everything I could . This is a refernce design and expected it to work.

Any pointers on what needs to be fixed ??

Thank you ,

lasur

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

this is also the errors that I got. Can any one help us please :)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi,

can you use a hyperterminal from Windows/putty to direct the stdin/stdout?

--hs

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Mouna_zribi,

I tried what htsvn suggested but didn't work for me . As stated in my post, i was working towards a Xilinx TRD work on my board. The ISE versions and the design files were not compatible.

I finally got updated design files and moved to vivado flow and the design started working.

Please analyze the root cause if what htsvn suggested doesn't work.

Thank you,

0 Kudos