UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Help! Problem with XMD debugger.

Here is my code:

int main()

{

Init_LCD();

Write_Position(0,0);

Write_String("Hello, world!");

while(1);

return 0;

}

Functions Init_LCD() , Write_Position() and Write_String() are in file LCD.h.

I downloaded the bitstream and started XMD and GDB.

After I clicked run in GDB, a breakpoint was set at the front of Init_LCD(), then I clicked step, but the it just stopped at the first line and didn't go into the function Init_LCD(). I removed the breakpoint and clicked step again, then the cursor turned to the busy icon all the time, and GDB didn't response any more.

Please help me solve it. My cable is Parallel III.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Visitor eliezerm
Visitor

Re: Help! Problem with XMD debugger.

hello,

here are three thing to test:

1. compiler optimizition should be turn off (option -O 0). right click the application...

2. the debuger doesn't know the mapping of the OCM BRAM and think that address space is for a normal PLB / OPB memory instead. so the debuger doesn't download to code right.

3. the download may be faulty (hardware or "logic" error), try look at the memory and see it make sense.

I think I had the same error when running a code from OCM BRAM.

the OCM bus (not memory controller) had a parameter set to 81 or 85 and I had to change it to a1 or a5.

I don't really know why since it's not documented.

I only did it because that the value I found on a OCM bus in BSB of xilinx ml405. 

anyway, It worked for me. 

Eliezer

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Help! Problem with XMD debugger.

Thank you! I've solved the problem.

I used optimization in compiler before.

0 Kudos