UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor csalazartec
Visitor

How to build an OpenMP application using gcc compiler in PetaLinux 2016.4?

I'm trying to run a basic OpenMP example on the ZedBoard using PetaLinux 2016.4.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <omp.h>

int main(){
  int x;
  x = 2;
  #pragma omp parallel num_threads(2) shared(x)
{
    if (omp_get_thread_num() == 0) {
       x = 5;
    } else { 
    /* Print 1: the following read of x has a race */ 
      printf("1: Thread# %d: x = %d\n", omp_get_thread_num(),x ); 
    }
    #pragma omp barrier
    if (omp_get_thread_num() == 0) {
    /* Print 2 */ 
      printf("2: Thread# %d: x = %d\n", omp_get_thread_num(),x );
    } else {
    /* Print 3 */ 
      printf("3: Thread# %d: x = %d\n", omp_get_thread_num(),x );
    }
  }
  return 0; 
}

As you can see, this is a very basic example. If I run this application in my PC (native), everything is O.K.

But when I try of building this application using petalinux-build, all the time a mistake appear. The error indicates the next: "no package provides libgomp.so.1.

I tried to modify the file located at /build/conf/local.conf, I added there IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " libgomp", but this solution did not work.

I also tried to modify the file located at Petalinux/components/yocto/source/arm/layers/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-5.3.inc. I commented the line --disable-libgomp \. But again, it did not solve the problem.

Apparently, libgomp is part of gcc. So, I don't not why it doesn't work. Google has not been very useful.

Does anyone know a solution for this problem? How can I repair the mistake mentioned above?

0 Kudos