cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

How to constraint the BUFR--BUFG clocks ?

Jump to solution

HI:

I am using BUFR with BUFG to generate a clock named clk_div2 divided by 2 from FCLK0(clk_fpga_0) in ZYNQ.

Should I write constraints between clk_div2 and FCLK0 (clk_fpga_0)? Or the VIVADO can auto constraint the couple clocks so I do not to need to constraint them manually?

If I constraint them manually , is it enough like this ?

create_generated_clock -name clk_div2_0 -source [get_pins design_1_i/ADC_UNION_64_PORTS/clk_o3_0/clk_div2] -divide_by 2 -add -master_clock clk_fpga_0 [get_pins design_1_i/ADC_UNION_64_PORTS/clk_o3_0/clk_div2]

I get some inter-clock timing errors in the timing analysis like following ,how can I solve this ? Thanks very much!

20160708094552.png

20160708095241.png

20160708095312.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher
there is never a need to add constraints for any buffer elements (or pll/mmcm cells) through which the tool knows how to propagate timing.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
The tool should generate the constraints for BUFR-> BUFG output. Please check this before adding manual constraint.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

HI 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

UG903 - Vivado Design Suite User Guide: Using Constraints ( ver2016.2, 5212 KB ) [PDF]

UG906 - Vivado Design Suite User Guide: Design Analysis and Closure Techniques ( ver2016.2, 8001 KB ) [PDF]

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher
there is never a need to add constraints for any buffer elements (or pll/mmcm cells) through which the tool knows how to propagate timing.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos