Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zenic5o
Visitor
Visitor

How to create a board support package

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to implement Linux on my original board with Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC.
But I don't know how to create a board support package. Please let me know the reference
document for the procedure.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rodrirq
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello, are you talking about a PetaLinux BSP?

When you have created your image, you can use some commands to create the BSP with:

$ petalinux-package –-bsp –p <petalinux_project_path> –-hwsource=<vivado_project_path> --output <name>.BSP --force

Maybe this is not what you are looking for, but this is the way to create a BSP using your own PetaLinux distribution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
pvempati
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
zenic5o
Visitor
Visitor

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt reply. But unfortunately, I have to use Vivado 2019.2. Are there any other similar documents?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
pvempati
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
rodrirq
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello, are you talking about a PetaLinux BSP?

When you have created your image, you can use some commands to create the BSP with:

$ petalinux-package –-bsp –p <petalinux_project_path> –-hwsource=<vivado_project_path> --output <name>.BSP --force

Maybe this is not what you are looking for, but this is the way to create a BSP using your own PetaLinux distribution.

View solution in original post

zenic5o
Visitor
Visitor

Hello,

In the case of Vivado 2019.2, I mistakenly thought that Vitis was not available. I'll look through it.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
zenic5o
Visitor
Visitor

Hello,

Thank you. I'll use Petalinux as you mentioned. So, I'll try the command you recommended.

Thank you,

0 Kudos