cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cross compile with ARM R5

Jump to solution

I'm trying to cross compile an xml parser libxml2 version 2.9.9 to use as a library in RPU baremetal app.

The compiler for ARM R5 is armr5-none-eabi-gcc.

I write the following command for configuration:

./configure --host=arm-none-eabi --build=none --target=arm-none-eabi --prefix=/home/ubuntu/Documents/libxml2/libxml2_arm CC=armr5-none-eabi-gcc --with-mcpu=cortex-r5

and I get the following error in terminal- configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables 

and from config.log:

configure:3611: /tools/Xilinx/SDK/2018.3/gnu/armr5/lin/gcc-arm-none-eabi/bin/armr5-none-eabi-gcc -V >&5
armr5-none-eabi-gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-V'
armr5-none-eabi-gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
configure:3622: $? = 1
configure:3611: /tools/Xilinx/SDK/2018.3/gnu/armr5/lin/gcc-arm-none-eabi/bin/armr5-none-eabi-gcc -qversion >&5
armr5-none-eabi-gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-qversion'; did you mean '--version'?
armr5-none-eabi-gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
configure:3622: $? = 1
configure:3642: checking whether the C compiler works
configure:3664: /tools/Xilinx/SDK/2018.3/gnu/armr5/lin/gcc-arm-none-eabi/bin/armr5-none-eabi-gcc conftest.c >&5
/tools/Xilinx/SDK/2018.3/gnu/armr5/lin/gcc-arm-none-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/7.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/libc.a(lib_a-exit.o): In function `exit':
exit.c:(.text.exit+0x2c): undefined reference to `_exit'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I am missing something? Is there another way to cross-compile with gcc for arm r5?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
yzhang

Some options in the configure file of your libxml2 are not valid for this compiler. Please make sure this library is compatible with arm R5. You can run "armr5-none-eabi-gcc --help" to see valid options for this compiler, and try to replace the options with valid ones.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
yzhang

Some options in the configure file of your libxml2 are not valid for this compiler. Please make sure this library is compatible with arm R5. You can run "armr5-none-eabi-gcc --help" to see valid options for this compiler, and try to replace the options with valid ones.

View solution in original post

Hey,

Didn't help...

I gave up and used in the project source an header files for a simple xml parser. The easiest way...

0 Kudos